Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,328 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Cape Clear wrote: »
    From coal ware house for the last two or three years.

Ah you could get shafted then, all depends on the deal that’s struck between the U.K. and the Eu

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I think coal is going to be subject to carbon tax shortly enough anyway.

Apart from that, I've never known any political change to really result in prices falling for long, they usually go up unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

From the Coal warehouse

‼️BUY BEFORE BREXIT‼️

Get your guaranteed Brexit deal here at Coal Warehouse

��We are introducing our new product on Monday 18th February:
    Masterheat will be available in 20kg and 40kg bags. It is a blend of smokeless Ovoids and Columbian Doubles suitable for both stoves and open fires at a brilliant price of €250 per tonne.��

We have found that a lot of our customers have grouped together when ordering to get better deals on their coal and more importantly better deals on their transport which can result in being up to €30 per tonne cheaper.

��CURRENT PRICELIST��
    ▪️ Slack - €130 per tonne
    ▪️ Singles - €165 per tonne
    ▪️ Doubles - €200 per tonne
    ▪️ Polish Coal - €200 per tonne
    ▪️ Black Diamond - €240 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Doubles - €240 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Coal - €260 per tonne
    ▪️ Masterheat - €250 per tonne
    ▪️ Union Nuggets - €250 per tonne
    ▪️ Countryblend - €300 per tonne
    ▪️ Clearflame - €300 per tonne
    ▪️ Ovoids - €300 per tonne

��PLEASE REMEMBER NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT BREXIT HAS IN STORE FOR US...ORDER EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

I can tell you now Brexit will have no effect on us !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Has anyone ever bought the 20kg coal in dealz for 6 euro. Not smokeless. Good price

• Advertisement

physioman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought the 20kg coal in dealz for 6 euro. Not smokeless. Good price

It’s only a good price if it’s any good, local place here sells 20kg of household coal and it’s pure muck like painted stones, feck all heat and the stove is full of crap the next day, it sounds crazy but pay extra for decent stuff and you will save money in the long run

Md O’Shea’s have a sale on tomorrow 4 bags of supertherm ovoids for €68 which is good value and ten bales of peat briquettes for €40

https://www.mdoshea.ie/sale

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Md O’Shea’s have a sale on tomorrow 4 bags of supertherm ovoids for €68 which is good value and ten bales of peat briquettes for €40

4 bags of 10 kg at 68 is 17 a bag for 10 kg of Ovoids.

20KG bag of Ovoids I got this year worked out at 7.40 a bag for a 20kg bag, which was up from last year which worked out at 6.30 euro a bag.

17 euro for 10 KG of Ovoids is far too much

4 bags of 10 kg at 68 is 17 a bag for 10 kg of Ovoids.

20KG bag of Ovoids I got this year worked out at 7.40 a bag for a 20kg bag, which was up from last year which worked out at 6.30 euro a bag.

17 euro for 10 KG of Ovoids is far too much

Supertherm are 40kg bags :p

Supertherm are 40kg bags :p

I dunno how I read that wrong, 8.50 per 20kg, yea acceptable price retail wise.

• Advertisement

I dunno how I read that wrong, 8.50 per 20kg, yea acceptable price retail wise.

Local co op is €21 last time I looked and it’s €19 at a fuel merchant I use in cork so it’s a small saving, supertherm really is good stuff there is a red hot glow and nothing left on the grate in the stove the next day, a 40kg bag lasts me a few weeks combined with wood

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Local co op is €21 last time I looked and it’s €19 at a fuel merchant I use in cork so it’s a small saving, supertherm really is good stuff there is a red hot glow and nothing left on the grate in the stove the next day, a 40kg bag lasts me a few weeks combined with wood

Supertherm at my local co-op are €19.99 per 40kg bag, 2 for €38.
    Md O’Shea’s have a sale on tomorrow ... ten bales of peat briquettes for €40

Can get the BNM peat briquettes for €3.99 per bale in Aldi

jc77 wrote: »
    Supertherm at my local co-op are €19.99 per 40kg bag, 2 for €38.

Can get the BNM peat briquettes for €3.99 per bale in Aldi

Well done, I got my supertherm for €16 a bag in mitchelstown because I bought a few bags I can’t stand those crap briquettes I prefer rekord much better 25kg bale for €9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Well done, I got my supertherm for €16 a bag in mitchelstown because I bought a few bags I can’t stand those crap briquettes I prefer rekord much better 25kg bale for €9

Where do you get the rekord briquettes.. I can't find any supplier in cork

mikeecho wrote: »
    Where do you get the rekord briquettes.. I can't find any supplier in cork

Star fuels in mitchelstown have them, they had five pallets a few weeks back and that’s the last of them, it’s a shame they are great in the stoves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

its 25kg (2 bales) of BM Briquettes for 8 euro in Aldi, nowt wrong with them, they burn brilliantly

The rekord ones aren't the same thing, just brown coal

its 25kg (2 bales) of BM Briquettes for 8 euro in Aldi, nowt wrong with them, they burn brilliantly

The rekord ones aren't the same thing, just brown coal

3 rekord briquettes (coal briquettes as they are also known)burn for 4-6 hours in my stove, they are totally different to bm briquettes which in my opinion are useless there’s no heat and they just collapse to dust, rekord only for me but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Anyone around east Galway / Kilconly area, there's a shop in the village doing a decent deal:

2x 20kg ovoids
    1x bnm briquette bale
    1x bag of good kindling

For 25euro

I bought a bag of the coal to try and it's as good as what I got from easyglow.

I figure you could pay around 8 for the briquettes and kindling - so it's working out about 8.50 per 20kg bag.

No connection to the shop other than it being local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

3 rekord briquettes (coal briquettes as they are also known)burn for 4-6 hours in my stove, they are totally different to bm briquettes which in my opinion are useless there’s no heat and they just collapse to dust, rekord only for me but each to their own

How many briquettes in a bale?

I find BM great, great for starting the fire with a bit of kindling on top of a bed of coal, lasts the night then

They are a fairly popular product, if they just turned to dust they wouldn't be.

A wood fire with a few briquettes gives me the best heat output of any burn.

How many briquettes in a bale?

I find BM great, great for starting the fire with a bit of kindling on top of a bed of coal, lasts the night then

They are a fairly popular product, if they just turned to dust they wouldn't be.

A wood fire with a few briquettes gives me the best heat output of any burn.

There’s no comparison between the two, the regular turf briquettes last 1-2 hours and they are popular for people that like convenience and they are clean and relatively cheap, grand for elderly people too my mother in law uses them and firepacks all the time.
    Three briquettes to start my stove in the morning then a few supertherm ovoids around midday say a dozen and a block or or two in the evening and my stove keeps the house warm fairly cheap

Everybody is different some people like flame, I just want pure heat

• Advertisement

44 biriquttes in a bale of rekord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

OmegaGene wrote:
    44 biriquttes in a bale of rekord

How much is a bale of those

Might be worth import 28 tons of Rekords. What would issues be with going that?

How much is a bale of those

€9 a bale for bulk buying or €11 a single bale
    I was told they aren’t making these anymore so they will be near impossible to get

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I was told they aren’t making these anymore so they will be near impossible to get

Often meant to ask you,
    Have you ever tried the Smokeless singles from Mill Fuels in Rathcormac?
    I tried these several months back and find them great mixed with the Supertherm from Dairygold

Normally I would light the fire with firelighter/kindling and maybe a dozen or so lumps of ovoids,
    after maybe an hour I would spread the glowing ovoids and throw a few shovels of singles on top, topped with maybe another dozen or so ovoids ( around 7 pm )
    Fire would be still glowing and pump spinning at 2 am.
    Fantastic heat.

vectra wrote: »
    Often meant to ask you,
    Have you ever tried the Smokeless singles from Mill Fuels in Rathcormac?
    I tried these several months back and find them great mixed with the Supertherm from Dairygold

Normally I would light the fire with firelighter/kindling and maybe a dozen or so lumps of ovoids,
    after maybe an hour I would spread the glowing ovoids and throw a few shovels of singles on top, topped with maybe another dozen or so ovoids ( around 7 pm )
    Fire would be still glowing and pump spinning at 2 am.
    Fantastic heat.

I bought coal from there once and didn’t think much of it, it demented painted stones if I’m honest and he was charging €2 a bag to deliver in the village last I heard so I will stick to the boys at star fuels they deliver to me and fill the bunker and the wood is perfect can’t fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

How many bales would you have to buy to get them at €9 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Coal Warehouse still worth using for a tonne of ovoids to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Coal Warehouse still worth using for a tonne of ovoids to Dublin?

I'd say if you can get them from CW and get the guy to put the pallet where you want it, then fine order from them but if you have to lug 40kg or 25kg bags around and kill yourself, I'd say if you look around you'll find them priced nearly the same somewhere.

I bought a few tons from the CW but the delivery drivers were pretty bad apart from one guy who could drive his truck so I looked around and found them priced 10 or 15 quid in the difference and the chap delivers and unloads them for me.

The CW used to be good value, I don't find them any use these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

I'd say if you can get them from CW and get the guy to put the pallet where you want it, then fine order from them but if you have to lug 40kg or 25kg bags around and kill yourself, I'd say if you look around you'll find them priced nearly the same somewhere.

I bought a few tons from the CW but the delivery drivers were pretty bad apart from one guy who could drive his truck so I looked around and found them priced 10 or 15 quid in the difference and the chap delivers and unloads them for me.

The CW used to be good value, I don't find them any use these days.

Have to agree price increase in coal and especially the delivery costs made a box!!Ox of this BA

Advertisement