Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Sterling prices from Coal Warehouse they sent me this morning

CURRENT PRICELIST
    ▪️ Slack - £115 per tonne
    ▪️ Singles - £145 per tonne
    ▪️ Doubles - £180 per tonne
    ▪️ Polish Coal - £180 per tonne
    ▪️ Black Diamond - £215 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Doubles - £215 per tonne
    ▪️ Columbian Coal - £230 per tonne
    ▪️ Masterheat - £225 per tonne
    ▪️ Union Nuggets - £225 per tonne
    ▪️ Countryblend - £265 per tonne
    ▪️ Clearflame - £265 per tonne
    ▪️ Ovoids - £265 per tonne

What transport is available tp Cork .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rebeve wrote: »

theres several u can use, i use joe mcgovern.

U send them an email with wat u want delivered from where to where and they send u an invoice u pay via bank transfer. I pay roughly 75 euros to Waterford.

traffic@joemcgovern.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Ward group can also be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

theres several u can use, i use joe mcgovern.

U send them an email with wat u want delivered from where to where and they send u an invoice u pay via bank transfer. I pay roughly 75 euros to Waterford.

traffic@joemcgovern.ie

Is that per ton or per delivery do you know. Thinking of ordering a tone of Ovoids and a ton of Columbian. Emailed them but haven’t heard back yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Is that per ton or per delivery do you know. Thinking of ordering a tone of Ovoids and a ton of Columbian. Emailed them but haven’t heard back yet .

i have used them before and it's per ton.

• Advertisement

Going to go with the Coal Warehouse this year I think . I’ve used Easyglow and Beatty fuels in the past. Easyglow were great but prices have gone up.

I was using Ovoids and Singles last year to bank down the stove for the night. Worked grand.

Just wondering does anyone have a opinion on the Doubles at £180 and the Columbian doubles at £215 from the Coal Warehouse . What are they both like? Was thinking of using these instead of the singles this year as the stove I’ve got is bloody massive .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any recomendations on where to get good charcoal for a BBQ. I know it's off topic, but may be the people to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clement

bigroad wrote: »
    Did anyone try the Colombian coal from kosyking its 332 euro for the ton.
    They sort the deliveries at around 25 quid.

I have tried Colombian from kosyking last year. I couldn't wait to see the end of it, I gave away half it. It was pure shyte. It was the same from coal warehouse. Never again. I'm comparing both to cpl Colombian which is great for open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Where do these ovoids from Coal Whorehouse come from, what is source. I hate buying so called smokeless friendly fuel that spent 40 years at sea getting into my fire. Where is this coal from/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Where do these ovoids from Coal Whorehouse come from, what is source. I hate buying so called smokeless friendly fuel that spent 40 years at sea getting into my fire. Where is this coal from/

Is all coal not imported into Ireland? Most coal is produced in ex USSR countries, Asia and the Americas. I say the closest it will come from is Poland.

If you are as concerned as you sound, then it may be worth gettng rid of your fire.

• Advertisement

Has anyone asked, seems like a reasonable question to ask CW where the Ovoids come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

[QUOTE=BorneTobyWilde;110977737]Has anyone asked, seems like a reasonable question to ask CW where the Ovoids come from.[/QUOTE]

That'd be you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I’m not been smart pal, but 99% in this thread are in here for a coal bargain and just want good coal at a cheap price . No one really cares where it comes from, as long as it’s cheaper than down south, burns well, and leaves no clinkers . If you would like to call the Coal Warehouse go for it, and then you can tell where it comes from, but I don’t think it will make much of a difference to most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭farmer2018

I got the Black Diamond the last 3 years but last year the heat from it wasn't the same. I would be hesitant about buying a tonne this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Do you reallysave much on coal when you have to exchange euro v sterling i know at the moment the exchange is quite good and then the €75 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

bassy wrote: »
    Do you reallysave much on coal when you have to exchange euro v sterling i know at the moment the exchange is quite good and then the €75 delivery.

Works out at 14.50 for a 40kg of ovoids. So all depends on what price your paying locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

physioman wrote: »

Works out at 14.50 for a 40kg of ovoids. So all depends on what price your paying locally.
    €20 to €22 here.

€20 to €22 here.

Are they really that expensive retail, That is high, but retailers need to double up.

€20 to €22 here.

So saving of 112 to 187. I didn't have to get a tonne last year but might this year with upcoming budget and brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i posted this here about a year ago in regards to the saving per tonne of coal comparing Rep of Irel to N.I.

"I pay 22 euros a bag for ecobrite at my local coal merchant.
    So a tonne of local based ovoids are 550 per tonne inc delivery. A tonne of ovoids from coal island inc delivery 370 per tonne. That's still a saving of 180 euros per tonne."

In terms of savings per year, I buy 2 tonnes per year, this is the best bargain alert here for me

• Advertisement

Are they really that expensive retail, That is high, but retailers need to double up.

Cheapest I saw it was 19 euro a bag. Any luck in finding out where the coal comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

physioman wrote: »
    Cheapest I saw it was 19 euro a bag. Any luck in finding out where the coal comes from?

these ovoids are made in wales , doncaster and arigna. there are no plants in northern ireland capable of making ovoids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am paying €9.50 for 20 kg of Ecobrite

Ordered a ton of Ovoids today and a tone of singles from Coal Warehouse . She knocked a couple of pound off for me. £400 which works out at about €430 which is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Ordered a ton of Ovoids today and a tone of singles from Coal Warehouse . She knocked a couple of pound off for me. £400 which works out at about €430 which is good value.

The CW Ovoids are brilliant with very little ash , what transport company did ya use oh

and did CW give you the option to pay in sterling .

The CW Ovoids are brilliant with very little ash , what transport company did ya use oh

and did CW give you the option to pay in sterling .

I’ve had the Ovoids from Easyglow two years ago which were excellent , and then Beatty fuels last year, which were ok. Probably not as good. So this is my first year with the Coal Warehouse.

I had been contacting them about ordering through Facebook and they gave me the prices in Sterling. When I rang up I just said could I pay in Sterling .

Regarding the courier I am using a company from Wexford. I am waiting for him to ring me back today to organize the delivery and I’ll post more details about them then

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Hi all,
    My last order was from Kosyking and it was Premium Kosy Glo Stove Coal (Full Ton)- Bag Size Option: 50 bags of 20kg.
    I used their courier which cost £24.95 and delivered two days later without any hassle.
    All told the cost was €397.72.
    I used the same product last year, supplemented by some locally purchased timber and it was fine, very little ash and as we have a stove it gave plenty of heat and hot water.
    Most likely I'll do another purchase before BREXIT, just in case.
    Same product locally, delivered is €500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Regarding the courier I am using a company from Wexford. I am waiting for him to ring me back today to organize the delivery and I’ll post more details about them then

Would he like to price for two pallets (tonne each) dropped into Dublin (just off the M50) on his way back down? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

Connrang wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My last order was from Kosyking and it was Premium Kosy Glo Stove Coal (Full Ton)- Bag Size Option: 50 bags of 20kg.
    I used their courier which cost £24.95 and delivered two days later without any hassle.
    All told the cost was €397.72.
    I used the same product last year, supplemented by some locally purchased timber and it was fine, very little ash and as we have a stove it gave plenty of heat and hot water.
    Most likely I'll do another purchase before BREXIT, just in case.
    Same product locally, delivered is €500

It says on the website that this is for uk delivery only? Any hassle ordering it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

It says on the website that this is for uk delivery only? Any hassle ordering it?

Thanks

Hi,
    No, ordered online and they appeared at the door. This extract from the account shows costings...
    Premium Kosy Glo Stove Coal (Full Ton)
    - Bag Size Option: 50 bags of 20kg KOSGLOOVTON 1 £325.00 £325.00 Return
    Sub-Total: £325.00
    Republic of Ireland Shipping: £24.95
    Total: £349.95

Advertisement