Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying PS4 games

Options
  • 03-12-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

OK, I'll admit it - despite growing up with computers and working with them for the last 20 years, my son now knows more about "computers" than me, particularly when it comes to games, although he's not too good on the old money front unfortunately.

He recently bought Call of Duty Something Or Other on release from the Sony online shop thing. The very next day I saw on here that Supervalu were selling it for €20 less. I wasn't impressed with our purchasing choice.

I used to know where to get good value games and other stuff, but this whole new world has left me slightly baffled as there are so many options for buying.

He has told me he wants Little Big Planet 3 for Christmas, so I went to check out the price. It's showing as something like €75 in Gamestop & €65 in Smyths, but I know from keeping an eye on this forum every so often that buying from Gamestop or Smyths is the computer equivalent of going to Halfords and buying a €5 car thing for €25 and thinking it's a good deal.

Can anyone recommend other sources (online or otherwise) for getting games please?

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Amazon or www.videogamesplus.ca

The latter can take some time to deliver but it's very cheap commpared to our prices. I avoid the Irish stores like the plague. Rip off merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

www.find-game.co.uk is pretty useful too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Usually, all games on the PSN store is 60 to 70 euro, the recommended retail price. They do good sales though. There is a 12 deals of Christmas sale at the moment where a new deal for ps3 and ps4 pops up every 2 days. Little Big planet might pop up, not confirmed but could be a possibility. Myself, I'm hoping Far Cry 4 appears on it. Other than that Gamestop are definitely the Halfords of gaming. If you are looking for a price, ring xtravisio/hmv or smyths. Going online, amazon.co.uk have good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It's $60 on the US PSN store which works out at around €45. There's a few threads around here on how to buy from the US store, it's not too complicated. Definitely worth the effort to get the discount.

Advertisement