Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just have to share...

• 03-12-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine on Facebook just posted something about her dog eating something mad that he shouldn't have eaten, he is fine but someone posted that the dog had probably eaten it because he thinks it's human food and that means he thinks he's higher up the pack than he actually is.....I don't know the guy but I had to politely comment that it was a load of old nonsense.....just had to share...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine on Facebook just posted something about her dog eating something mad that he shouldn't have eaten, he is fine but someone posted that the dog had probably eaten it because he thinks it's human food and that means he thinks he's higher up the pack than he actually is.....I don't know the guy but I had to politely comment that it was a load of old nonsense.....just had to share...

Will you ask him what it means when my dog eats catpoo?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Crap - I just fed the dogs my leftovers! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

well clearly neither of you are leaders of your pack and your dog's are plotting to take control....they'll be up on the sofas next....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

tk123 wrote: »
    That's ok as long as you make them see you eat it first showing you're the boss who gets the choice cuts though to be on the safe side you can roll them over a few times and hold them down to really show them how Alpha you are.*

*For anyone not aware this is said in jest; never, ever, try to do a so called alpha roll on your dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

How did the facebook conversation go after that Tracey? I've been "re-educating" my boss and colleagues in work re dog training theory etc recently too. Spreading the word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

One of my dogs keeps jumping on the bed and crawling into my arms during the night, not only is he trying to become the pack leader I think he's trying to become my boyfriend too.

What do I do?!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

If you put a husky on his back and hold him down, is that an Arctic roll? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

VonVix wrote: »
    One of my dogs keeps jumping on the bed and crawling into my arms during the night, not only is he trying to become the pack leader I think he's trying to become my boyfriend too.

What do I do?!

:eek:
    Don't waste one more moment you both... you need to urinate on your dogs immediately.
    That'll show them!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

How did the facebook conversation go after that Tracey? I've been "re-educating" my boss and colleagues in work re dog training theory etc recently too. Spreading the word!

No reference to it, he didn't comment again, she hasn't commented again, a few comedy comments about what the dog ate, that seems to be it....I think some people just aren't that interested :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I generally let people tell me how much they love dogs and love CM etc. I nod and make non committal comments and when they are finished waxing about their love of animals I tend to go - "but you know that whole CM thing is bollix and there's no such thing as alpha theory, right?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

DBB wrote: »
    :eek:
    Don't waste one more moment you both... you need to urinate on your dogs immediately.
    That'll show them!

:pac::pac::pac:

I don't think that'll work - they've already achieved their goal of taking my bed! Note that they've left me no leg room and expect me to slot in across the top! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I don't think that'll work - they've already achieved their goal of taking my bed! Note that they've left me no leg room and expect me to slot in across the top! :p

What you need to do is get a third dog. That'll sort out your problem of them leaving even a corner of the bed for you :p

Advertisement