Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to put a whole new roof on?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Just looking at worst scenario cost wise looked at a house but attic roof leaking could be a repair job but just worst case if needed a whole roof what rough figure are we looking at its a 3 bed terrace 1300 sqft in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Cool the jets
    Its a repair job, get someone out who knows what their at to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Know it will probably be a repair job just curious though for a whole roof looking at 1k 2k ?? I know it wont have but just want to budget for repair/fix. Will need to get a surveyor in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

miss choc wrote: »
    Know it will probably be a repair job just curious though for a whole roof looking at 1k 2k ?? I know it wont have but just want to budget for repair/fix. Will need to get a surveyor in.
    If you really NEED to replace a roof of circa 60m2? You will be looking at
    5/10k

Cool just wanted a figure in case know won't need to but just to be on the safe side if it had to be done I have an estimate ta :)

I was involved in replacement of an existing similar sized roof recently. Tegral slates, treated battens & breathable felt, some wall plate repair & 2/3 rafters, lead flashings, pvc fascia & soffit, gutters & downpipes- came to ~2k

The above carpenter/builder labour, scaffolding, H&S & insurance , skip hire , insulation, plasterboard, services & decoration are ALL excluded from the above figure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

BryanF wrote: »
    ...came to ~2k

? Might you have meant E20K? Just asking...:)

Jeez wouldnt be 20k ??? I was guessing the 8/10k including everything

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Jeez wouldnt be 20k ??? I was guessing the 8/10k including everything

Maybe Bryan can clarify.

He mentioned that pvc fascia & soffit, gutters & downpipes were done...to this properly (i.e. not cash in hand to a man in van) would probably cost in the region of E2K...in Dublin anyway!

Sorry bad post in mobile, 2k ex vat for those materials only (oh & 60% of slates retained) at his was bog standard job, home owner doing the work

How much for everything including labour? Would that be in the region of 20k?

• Advertisement

How much for everything including labour? Would that be in the region of 20k?
    [
    BryanF wrote: »
    5/10k

Advertisement