Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Break

Options
  • 03-12-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm coming up to the end of my paid maternity leave and someone mentioned to me at a wedding last week that you can freeze your payments for 3 or 4 months when taking the unpaid leave. Is this true and if so, does anyone know more about going for this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

You would need to ask your bank and see what their policy on payment breaks is. It is not an automatic thing for unpaid leave of any kind and will depend on the terms of your particular mortgage and/or bank policy. Some mortgages would have had an option to take payments breaks under certain circumstances, but equally a bank could look for you to complete financial statement etc before they would agreed to a payment break. Bear in mind your payments will go up afterwards to make up the shortfall.

Advertisement