Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What FPS should I get for my first PS4 experience?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Ok so I should have a PS4 this time tomorrow but I want to get a FPS for it.

I loved BF3 and BFBC2 on PS3, spent hours on it, then tried BF4 for PS3 and that was a dud, even my buddies who went to PS4 and got BF4 for it didnt like it!?

Then theres the two cods, I know nothing about these, ghosts and advanced warfare. Ive played MW2 and the others previous on PS3 but which one of these is best to get?

Im not into sci fi shooters, like I said BF was my dream game, so can ye help me at all lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Like you I was disappointed with bf4 after countless hours on bf3. Its actually a tough one as there not really to much else after the ones you mentioned.
    I'd probably suggest far cry, although I haven't played it ( it's on my crimbo list) far cry 3 was great though and reviews of the new one suggest its pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

weiland79 wrote: »
    Like you I was disappointed with bf4 after countless hours on bf3. Its actually a tough one as there not really to much else after the ones you mentioned.
    I'd probably suggest far cry, although I haven't played it ( it's on my crimson list) far cry 3 was great though and reviews of the new one suggest its pretty great.

Well I should of mentioned I want a military shooter so far cry would be out for me, not that I wouldnt like it but I can only get the one FPS tomorrow.
    sugarman wrote: »
    BF4 is prob the best of the lot, Ghosts was terrible and im not sold on Advanced Warfare yet.

Should be able pick up BF4 cheap too at this stage.

Was never really into MW as a franchise, good fun with a few cans kinda game, I need my everyday shooter do, like my BF3. Yeah BF4 is like E50 in gamestop.

I must look on here actually for a few team mates, I presume theres a active BF4 group...

found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I still find bf4 great to play, not perfect but I still have good games on it.

One game I'd recommend that doesn't fit into your shooters maybe but you should definitely get is The Last of Us, amazing story plus the online is great too. Can't recommend this enough

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

I still find bf4 great to play, not perfect but I still have good games on it.

One game I'd recommend that doesn't fit into your shooters maybe but you should definitely get is The Last of Us, amazing story plus the online is great too. Can't recommend this enough

I got the last of us with my bundle, but i edited my bundle through swapping and ended up with gta v, the last of us, bf4 and wwe 2k15. Just dl injustice gods amongst us for free on psn, i dunno where or what to play lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Wolfenstein's a military shooter... sort of.
    You shoot a LOT of Nazis.
    It's a really good fun game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wolfenstein can be got very cheap at the moment online if you look around. I loved it, a proper single player shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wolfenstein is the best FPS I've played on the PS4 so far but if you are looking for online play Wolfenstein doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition will get you all the maps and there may be more maps announced on Tuesday.....

Active PS4 clan in BF forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I got the last of us with my bundle, but i edited my bundle through swapping and ended up with gta v, the last of us, bf4 and wwe 2k15. Just dl injustice gods amongst us for free on psn, i dunno where or what to play lol.

Haha I see, start with the last of us, you will love it. I moved from Xbox to ps4 just for this game.

Advertisement