Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed response unit with Traffic Corps

Options
  • 03-12-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I was stopped today at a Traffic Corps checkpoint between Cillin Hill and Lyrath.
    I noticed they were accompanied by the Armed Response Unit. Does this usually happen, or was something going on? :confused:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

It's a rare occurrence but last Sunday afternoon I met the same between Durrow and Ballyragget. Armed responce unit present for some reason. On the same day someone else mentioned they saw the same in the carlow area. ARU were present there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

madmaggie wrote: »
    I was stopped today at a Traffic Corps checkpoint between Cillin Hill and Lyrath.
    I noticed they were accompanied by the Armed Response Unit. Does this usually happen, or was something going on? :confused:

Cracking down on roaming gangs/criminals that rob,steal and terrorise ordinary households around Kilkenny. Great to see a concerted effort to tackle this huge problem that effects every community. The more of it, the better I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

phkk wrote: »
    Cracking down on roaming gangs/criminals that rob,steal and terrorise ordinary households around Kilkenny. Great to see a concerted effort to tackle this huge problem that effects every community. The more of it, the better I say.

It's an ongoing operation covering the south-east from Gorey to Thurles and will continue till Christmas. 40 checkpoints a day according to last Friday's Herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks all for the responses. I thought it was a bit OTT for a routine traffic check-point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They've been around KK for months now. Seen them many times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement