Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the Higher Diploma in Economics ?? Anyone ??

Options
  • 03-12-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello everyone.

I'm currently studying law in France but I've always been interested in Economics and I'm looking for a way to start studying it. My final goal if possible is to go into research.
    I found this program : the higher diploma in Economics at UCD. I love Dublin and visited UCD before and it looked lovely.

So I was hoping that some of you could tell me a bit more about this program. Is it good ? Is it possible to get into a MA in Economics afterwards ? And how difficult is it to get in ?

Thank you all in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Melodie31

up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevin J. Denny

I recommend the Diploma. I may be biased though as I am one of the lecturers! If you get the diploma then you can proceed to our masters - that what it is partly for.
    The diploma is targeted at people who don't have the normal qualifications for admission so it is basically the final year of the BA in Economics. So, for example, students who have some economics (like a business degree) or who have an economics degree but didn't do too well might take the diploma.
    For someone with no background in economics it might be challenging: essentially you are skipping the first two years of the undergrad' course. If you have a technical background (say maths, physics, computer science or engineering) then this will help a lot.
    A lot depends on the individual student, we do get students with little or no background in economics but if they are smart, motivated and well organized then they can usually make up for that lack of background. There are lot of online resources in economics, maths & stats that would help you prepare.
    If you have additional questions, contact the School of Economics or me personally.

For more details go to the UCD School of Economics website.

Advertisement