Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricians in Alberta

Options
  • 03-12-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Looking for some advice from any electricians that have made the move to Alberta recently.

I am going to Alberta in the new year on the iec visa, I am looking for some info on what i have to do to get my trade recognised.

This time last year there was a long form that had to be filled out and sent out, but when I looked online the system seems to have changed to an online process. Does anyone have experience of this? any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

I am moving out in january myself. You need to send your qualification cert to AIT so they can get your qualification recognised. Its suppose to take 12 weeks for them to get through the process. I am waiting now 8 weeks so hoping they get back to me before i head out there. Check their website, you will have to create an account and go through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Cheers for the info mossy, I set up the account and I am filling it out at the moment. 12 weeks is a long wait, I must get it sent off as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

No bother man. Good luck with it. Il post back here if/when mine comes through.

Advertisement