Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No end of month expiry for data

Options
  • 03-12-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've asked this before and just wondering does anyone know if any companies have introduced something like this yet? I have a phone which gets very seldom use, but when it is required, I'd like it to be not restricted with data, minutes etc. Ideally I'd like to be able to put say €30 credit into it and have this €30 last for 6 months, or however long credit usually lasts with providers, but to be able to use it for fairly priced calls, texts and minutes when it is required, both here and roaming.

I know there are fantastic deals with bill pay now, €25 for unltd everything with Tesco and Tesco have another €15 deal which can be gotten even cheaper with vouchers etc, this is too much hassle though, and on a phone that may only be used once or twice a year, paying €25 a month meants €300 a year.

€30 credit might last 2 years in this phone before being used up fully, so I'm wondering is there any solutions out there where it's there just incase and once used, it can be just topped up again.

Any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can you not top up that phone online just before you use it? €5 once or twice a year is relatively little.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi,
    Just coming back to this, this was my first post on it by the way. Blueface.ie offer a PAYG service on the three network and can do an automatic top up of credit when it gets to a certain level. They also sell 1gb of data for €10 which lasts 3 months, so this could be the best solution for me unless anyone knows of anything better that has come into play lately?

Advertisement