Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Admissions Question...

• 03-12-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey, I've a question for anybody who is familiar with the whole postgraduate admissions process.

I completed a BSc back in the mid 00's, and ended up with a 2.2.

Older now and a bit wiser (or at least the former), I've recently completed an MSc with a 1.1.

My question is, if I was to apply for another postgraduate course in the future, to what extent will my MSc grade paper over my BSc grade (what with the usual "gotta have a 2.1" requirement), and conversely, to what degree will my relaxed attitude to education in my teens/early twenties continue to follow me about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Minimal requirements for most postgraduate courses are a level 8 with a 2.1 grade. Having a M.Sc. at all surpasses the requirements. Your latest qualifications always take precedence.

Advertisement