Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS RT-N66U x Vodafone Huawei EchoLife HG556a

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Can anybody give me some pointers about how to connect these two? The default Vodafone router is a bit of a dog so I was hoping to improve the experience with the ASUS but it won't recognise the internet signal from the Huawei.

Using Ppoe method the username/password combo of vodafone/vodafone doesn't work.

Doing the automatic method where you unplug modem for 2 minutes, then try again when you've restarted it isn't working either.

Getting error message as described in this thread but the explanation of the solution is a bit beyond my level of understanding.
    http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127943.0.html/

If this doesn't work I might just give the router to my parents. Is it likely to work with their antique Eircom Netopia modem either? Really should have gotten a router/modem combo..

Comments

Advertisement