Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP VPN?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got Viber or Skype to work over 3G on the blocked (which they laughably insist on calling "not supported") networks? Orbot etc don't seem to tunnel the SIP protocol.
    Any ideas? (I'm on Android, rooted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Where are you getting blocked? They all work on mobile data?

And try not to use Orbit (or Tor) for stuff like that. It's used by many to circumvent censorship and oppression in many challenged countries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Where are you getting blocked? They all work on mobile data?

And try not to use Orbit (or Tor) for stuff like that. It's used by many to circumvent censorship and oppression in many challenged countries.
    Vodafone (and other networks) block VOIP on their 3G networks, basically to force you to make regular calls. Orbit works fine for internet access, but not for VOIP.

I've never, ever experienced that.

I've never, ever experienced that.
    Maybe it depends on the plan? I think you can buy into enabling it, not sure. I can't get it on PAYG anyway.

Vodafone PAYG? I'm on Three and not a bother.

• Advertisement

Vodafone PAYG? I'm on Three and not a bother.
    Yeah, Vodafone. Definitely different on other carriers!
    Creeps!

Advertisement