Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick: Where to get a shirt taken in ?

• 04-12-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a tailor or alteration service where I can get a dress shirt taken in in Limerick?

How much does this normally cost?

I've never had this done before.
    Do they need to see it on in order to pin it?

Thanks in advance.
    MtM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stitch in Time, Roxboro Shopping Centre,
    The Z Yard, Thomas Street,
    Fitrite, Thomas Street,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

This is how I think it would go if you tried Fitrite (I've used them for years and they've never done a job wrong):

Go in wearing a normal shirt, show them the dress shirt and say you want it taken in.

They'll ask you to change into it in the cubicle, and when you come out they'll pin it up as necessary.

Then you return to the cubicle and change back to your normal shirt, being very careful not to dislodge the pins, and you hand the dress shirt over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

@LL. Thanks LL. Any idea what taking in a shirt costs?
    MtM
    Louche Lad wrote: »
    This is how I think it would go if you tried Fitrite (I've used them for years and they've never done a job wrong):

Go in wearing a normal shirt, show them the dress shirt and say you want it taken in.

They'll ask you to change into it in the cubicle, and when you come out they'll pin it up as necessary.

Then you return to the cubicle and change back to your normal shirt, being very careful not to dislodge the pins, and you hand the dress shirt over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

(I've used them for years and they've never done a job wrong):

+1. They even repaired two golf club covers for me earlier this year - job done in about 20 mins. as I got them at a quiet time. I've had great service from them over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

tippman1 wrote: »
    +1. They even repaired two golf club covers for me earlier this year - job done in about 20 mins. as I got them at a quiet time. I've had great service from them over the years.

Another plus one for Fit rite. Always found them good. Place up in roxboro is good as well but only ever used them for straightforward alterations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Got sorted out at Fitrite. They did a good job. Very happy.

MtM

Advertisement