Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonsillectomy and health insurance.

Options
  • 04-12-2014 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Need advice regarding my toddler having a tonsillectomy.
    Had appointment with private consultant who is going ahead and removing them in 2 weeks all going well.
    We have very good health insurance now but my question is because we only have the insurance a couple of months and babs has suffered from this before we got the health insurance will this affect this meaning will health insurance refuse to cover costs because he's not been covered too long and has suffered beffort hand.
    as really never thought he would of needed them out but affecting breathing so no other option.
    Any advicewould be greatly appreciated as insurance company wouldn't say until after consultation..
    Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

mar90 wrote: »
    Hi apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Need advice regarding my toddler having a tonsillectomy.
    Had appointment with private consultant who is going ahead and removing them in 2 weeks all going well.
    We have very good health insurance now but my question is because we only have the insurance a couple of months and babs has suffered from this before we got the health insurance will this affect this meaning will health insurance refuse to cover costs because he's not been covered too long and has suffered beffort hand.
    as really never thought he would of needed them out but affecting breathing so no other option.
    Any advicewould be greatly appreciated as insurance company wouldn't say until after consultation..
    Thank u

We had something similar with grommits, issue was before we had changed health insurers so they saw it as pre existing. All it meant was we had to pay a surcharge, which was 150 towards hospital, they covered everything.

Calling them would be best now that you have diagnosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mar90

Thanks for reply.
    Have asked them but was just told to wait after consultation. Hopefullycwill know tomorrow. How was yours after grommets as my little one is having the lot tonsuls adenoids and grommets.has me terrified.

Advertisement