Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

External CCTV Setup

• 04-12-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

- firstly, apologies for the long query!

I've used a few different camera setups in the past, but would be interested in peoples view's on good, external grade systems. I'm renovating at the moment and had two gougers come up a few weeks back and break my external Foscam IP cameras, which were using email alerts and Camcloud.

While I caught some decent footage of them, the IR night time quality was fairly poor and I wasn't covering the driveway (>100m) so didn't see the car.

As the build progresses (and cost of materials increases), I want to put in a good system which I can then retain after we move in. I'm drawn to IP cameras, but for good quality cameras, they are a lot more expensive than analogue comparisons. While IP fixed domes will do for around the house, I believe a few PTZ would be great covering the length of the drive, the back of the house and the entrance way in.

Something with a auto-track facility would be ideal. I have seen a few reasonably priced nearly new analogue professional grade setups on ebay like Redvision, Pelco Espirit, etc. While these would be overkill for a house, they actually work out better price wise.

My driveway is ~100m and ~70m road frontage I'd like covered, as well as the back of the house.

I'm happy to mix and match as I can install these myself and am confident I can get the analogue and IP to work together - but am limited in my knowledge of the PTZ setups, protocols, baud rates, etc. I'm also happy to put in poles, additional lights, etc.

Thanks.

Advertisement