Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Edmonton or elsewhere in Alberta

Options
  • 04-12-2014 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I am hoping to move to Edmonton in the beginning of January and need some advice and info about employment, wages, cost of living, housing, etc. I will be landing there with very little funds probably about $2000-$3000 and I need some advice on whither or not that would be enough to get by on for the first week or two until I can find employment. I have no skills and am just a blue collar worker. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

treefiddy wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping to move to Edmonton in the beginning of January and need some advice and info about employment, wages, cost of living, housing, etc. I will be landing there with very little funds probably about $2000-$3000 and I need some advice on whither or not that would be enough to get by on for the first week or two until I can find employment. I have no skills and am just a blue collar worker. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think that $2,000-$3,000 will not be enough, especially if you've no work lined up. Cost of living in Edmonton is quite expensive and it may take longer than a couple of weeks to find employment.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

Thanks El Diablo. I think I was being a bit dumb thinking I could land out with that amount then but at the minute stuck working a ****ty low paid job in Montreal and just desperate to move on and turn things around for myself in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

treefiddy wrote: »
    Thanks El Diablo. I think I was being a bit dumb thinking I could land out with that amount then but at the minute stuck working a ****ty low paid job in Montreal and just desperate to move on and turn things around for myself in Canada.

Maybe try to get a job lined up before you leave Quebec. Or save a bit more cash if possible. There's still plenty of work available in Alberta. Good luck.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement