Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading WordPress site

• 04-12-2014 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hello,

I've made a WordPress site (for the first time) on my localhost and I now want to upload it and have it go live. I own the domain name I want to use but I currently have an existing (non-WordPress) site using that name.

Can is use the existing web-host and upload my new site to that?

Do i have to pay WordPress for mapping to an existing domain?

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Tsipras wrote:
    Can is use the existing web-host and upload my new site to that?

Just upload the WordPress files to your server (hosting provider server) with the ftp settings you were given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

red_bairn wrote: »
    Just upload the WordPress files to your server (hosting provider server) with the ftp settings you were given.

You also need to create a database and move the data to it.

OP, Google "worpdress migration". There are loads of tutorials but some will be easier to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

BTW, I used to do it this way but find it much easier to start on a live site, hidden behind a maintenance plugin.

Advertisement