Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2014 - ** Time to Vote **

Options
  • 04-12-2014 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote:
    All nominations have been tallied, it's time to vote.

Choose the categories that you want to vote on. For example, if you don't have a Wii U (why not? ), then don't select it.
    Everyone will get to vote on "Fun" and "Overall" by default - they're at the end.

Voting closes next Tuesday at midnight.

http://spo.io/1tDvsk8

It's now an annual tradition for members of this site to nominate and vote for their favourite games of the year.

There was a lot of repetition last year in the genre awards, so we're removing those categories from the individual consoles and saving those for the overall award group instead.

The first 8 groups this year are now open for nominations. They are:

Best Xbox One Game (Retail)
    Best Xbox One Game (Download Only)
    Best Xbox 360 Game (Retail)
    Best Xbox 360 Game (Download Only)
    Best PS3 Game (Retail)
    Best PS3 Game (Download Only)
    Best PS4 Game (Retail)
    Best PS4 Game (Download Only)

The next group will be for PC, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, iOS and Android.
    After that, the Fun awards, and finally the Overall awards.

Begin your nominating here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I feel like I can't make a proper choice this year because there are so many games I haven't tried yet. I have AC: Unity and Rogue to get at Christmas. I haven't played Far Cry 4, Mario Kart 8, Dragon Age Inquisition or CoD: Advanced Warfare. Mostly this is all Destiny's fault but I feel I haven't experienced the best games this year.

Will there be a game of the generation vote for 360, PS3 and Wii this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That time of year again. Better year than last year, I actually can think of a few games worth nominating this time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game of the generation is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I feel like I can't make a proper choice this year because there are so many games I haven't tried yet. I have AC: Unity and Rogue to get at Christmas. I haven't played Far Cry 4, Mario Kart 8, Dragon Age Inquisition or CoD: Advanced Warfare. Mostly this is all Destiny's fault but I feel I haven't experienced the best games this year.

Mario Kart 8 has been a big game for me this year. I've ploughed quite a few hours into it. And with the new DLC recently it managed to draw me back in and away from Destiny which is impressive. Judging by some of my recent Destiny stats maybe I should put Mario Kart back down. :D

Seriously though its not only contender for game of the year but also for best Mario Kart game to date. It really is that damn good.

Huge array of characters, tracks and options to choose from alongside pretty much flawless racing against friends or randoms online.

The only thing its missing is a proper battle mode which is a real shame. Maybe a future DLC could fix it but I doubt it at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm broken between Mario Kart and a bunch of other games also. I cannot fault MK8 for anything though so it'll likely get my vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm broken between Mario Kart and a bunch of other games also. I cannot fault MK8 for anything though so it'll likely get my vote :D

Not even the lack of a proper battle mode?

Its pretty much perfect otherwise alright but I really do wish they had put in a proper battle mode. It just seems like such a glaring ommision.

Just rehash the ones from the N64 even and I and I'm sure others would have been delighted or at least satisfied with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Dark Souls 2 is my favourite game this year and my most disappointing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think Dark Souls 2 is my favourite game this year and my most disappointing :)

Felt the same way about that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hohokum for everything applicable!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hohokum for everything applicable!

Yellow Submarine simulator.

Bump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yellow Submarine simulator.

I was actually one of the ones who spoke out against the proposed new 'Best Yellow Submarine simulator' category last year. Seemed too specific. I'm just glad it was approved now.

Next group tomorrow night (Sunday).

Only 24 hours left for this group.

Just enough time to add Far Cry 4 to my pick, great game. '

I can't seem to edit my post in the 'ps4 best retail game' thread, strange.

Edits prevented after 48 hours (-ish).
    Let me know what you want changed?

Mr E wrote: »
    Edits prevented after 48 hours (-ish).
    Let me know what you want changed?

Ah okay, can you change NBA 2K15 to Far Cry 4 please? Thanks.

Ok, next group up now:

Best PC Game (Retail)
    Best PC Game (Download Only)
    Best Wii U Game (Retail)
    Best Wii U Game (Download Only)
    Best 3DS Game (Retail)
    Best 3DS Game (Download Only)
    Best Vita Game (Retail)
    Best Vita Game (Download Only)
    Best Android/Ouya Game
    Best iOS Game

Open until Wednesday or Thursday night.

Next group tonight, guys (the Fun group!)

Last chance to nominate for the current batch....

• Advertisement

3rd group up now (the fun awards)

Best Character
    Pleasant Surprise
    Hottest Female
    Best Boss Fight
    Best Graphics
    Best Sound
    Best Music
    Best Game Design
    WTF Were They Thinking Award
    Best Story
    Hottest Male
    Biggest Disappointment

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Completely missed the first two groups, why lock them so soon?

I waited until the posting had died down before locking and opening the new threads. Where were you for the last 10 days? :)

The third group will close tonight - last chance to nominate today.

The final group of categories will go up tonight.

Group 4 (final group) up now, covering all the "Overall" categories, plus "Game of the Generation" awards for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

Generation categories expanded to allow for 5 nominees each (you can go back and edit your posts there to add to your selection).

I know people have different opinions about remasters in the awards category but as Tok9 asked in Overall: Game of the Year 2014, are remasters allowed in this category?

OK, we're all set for the voting.

Choose the categories that you want to vote on. For example, if you don't have a Wii U (why not? :)), then don't select it.
    Everyone will get to vote on "Fun" and "Overall" by default - they're at the end.

Voting closes next Tuesday at midnight.

http://spo.io/1tDvsk8

(Note - for anyone who has helped test this survey since Monday, the test data has been cleared - you'll need to take it again)

Done! Thanks again Mr. E for setting this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Voted :)

Advertisement