Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launderettes / Dry cleaners

Options
  • 18-06-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Any one know of same day dry cleaning in galway town?
    How long would it usualy take, suit trousers just.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Any one know of same day dry cleaning in galway town?
    How long would it usualy take, suit trousers just.

O'Cpnnors in Knocknacarra done it for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fmc3105 wrote: »
    My daughter is going to the Gaeltacht in Inveran in June and they are only allowed wash underwear and towels twice in the 3 weeks they are down there. We are able to visit her on Sundays and I was wondering if there was any laundrette in Galway open on a Sunday. Thanks.

Going to Pennys and getting her seven days worth of underwear would probably be cheaper and better use of your visiting time.

Two washes in three weeks is plenty: once at the end of week one, once at the end of week two - and she goes home at the end of week three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Are there any dry cleaners open now on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony M Galway

<snip, don't sign up to underhandedly advertise your business>

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

<snip, don't sign up to underhandedly advertise your business>

Why thank you kind sir for your unbiased review of this fine establishment.

Should we ask for Tony when we go in? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony M Galway

They are good is all im saying and as it happens I think there's an Anthony there. I signed up coz I was searching for info, smarty

Anyone have updated info on where is cheap to get a big bag of clothes simply washed and dried?

It seems to be an industry that's adverse to having an online presence! I've tried a few places recommend online on old posts to find them closed down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I use the place beside the Go Bus office down the hill between Prospect Hill and Forster Street. They close at half 5 though.

Thanks. I checked these out. The opening hours aren't great but best price I've seen so far @ €10 / 7kg bag.

Checked O'Connors beside Joyces too, they have great opening hours (8am-7pm, perfect for before and after work) but are very expensive at €2.40/kg.
    J o e wrote: »
    It seems to be an industry that's adverse to having an online presence!

A prime example of this - I found O'Connors through an ad in the Galway Advertiser with a big web address and email address shown. They haven't even registered the domain name yet and because of that the email also bounces. :o

Was in touch with Galway Dry Cleaners. They were actually taken over by Heaslips recently - they've updated their website now since yesterday.

They cover Westside Shopping Centre, Galway Shopping Centre, Forster Court (on the hill, as mentioned above) and Oranmore (OranTown Centre). Their main location is Westside Shopping Centre and there can be an extra day delay going through the others.

Their laundry costs across these are;
    0-7kg for €10 (down to €1.42/kg)
    8-12kg for €12.50 (down to €1.04/kg) <- best value so far

I don't know what they charge for 7.5kg :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement