Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feminists 1, lingerie 0

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

SeanW wrote: »
    We live in a country that has been so hopelessly corrupted by the Feminist-Left, that our government is about to criminalise sex between consenting adults, among just one of dozens of legislative and societal victories.

Just made me spit coffee all over my desk laughing! I love these threads and hope they do make a separate subforum for them, then I could just read that all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Feminists strike again. Personally I hate the way they claim to speak for all women. I have never, ever had a disagreement about women's rights with a woman. In real life, that is. The internet is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Victorian secret.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Really, it's about time feminism gets assigned to the scrap heap, it's all a bit old fashioned.

By now society should be striving towards true equality for all, equality for both sexes. And no despite what they like to say feminism does not strive for equality.

By now society should be striving towards true equality for all, equality for both sexes. And no despite what they like to say feminism does not strive for equality.

O RLY?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Really, it's about time feminism gets assigned to the scrap heap, it's all a bit old fashioned.

Good luck changing feminists opinions and trying to convince them they're not the victims they've established themselves to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, I think it's a lot easier for people to work together than against one another. Family law is an instance where people should come together to reform it and make it fairer for both sexes.

To balance a scale you sometimes need to take and give from and to both sides. Feminism focuses on adding to one side of the scale, hence why it's not very effective for people that support equality.

I guess I see feminism as the polar opposite to old fashioned chauvinistic males, neither of which I would support.

Good luck changing feminists opinions and trying to convince them they're not the victims they've established themselves to be.

Who's the victim? The 18-30 cisgendered heterosexual white male?
    Yeah, I think it's a lot easier for people to work together than against one another. Family law is an instance where people should come together to reform it and make it fairer for both sexes.

To balance a scale you sometimes need to take and give from and to both sides. Feminism focuses on adding to one side of the scale, hence why it's not very effective for people that support equality.

I guess I see feminism as the polar opposite to old fashioned chauvinistic males, neither of which I would support.

I see where you're coming from but I don't necessarily think there needs to be one movement with men and women working together for equality. Family law is in dire need of reform, I think the reason some feminists get weird around that topic is because they see MRA-types talking about it as if the system is broken due to feminist interference, which simply isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

We had come to love you, Hozier. We’re even on first-name terms these days.

She says we are on first name terms with Hozier, whose first name is of course Andrew? :confused:

Advertising women's underwear, that women buy, is obviously misogynistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

RWCNT wrote: »
    Who's the victim? The 18-30 cisgendered heterosexual white male?

Well, they do have the highest suicide and unemployment rate out of any demographic in the EU. It would suggest that life for them is not as peachy as you suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Well, they do have the highest suicide and unemployment rate out of any demographic in the EU. It would suggest that life for them is not as peachy as you suggest.

The highest suicide rate, attempted suicide rate, and suicidal thoughts rate is amongst transgender people in statistically significant surveys.

Do white men in that age group really have a lower employment rate within the EU? I wouldn't mind a source, and I'm not being snarky, genuinely interested.

Anyway, I suggested nothing Mr. Builder, just wondered what DoYouEvenLift was getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

RWCNT wrote: »
    Do white men in that age group really have a lower employment rate within the EU? I wouldn't mind a source, and I'm not being snarky, genuinely interested.

Anyway, I suggested nothing Mr. Builder, just wondered what DoYouEvenLift was getting at.

Was interested myself. Apparently not. Looks like it's about the same right now.
    Historically, women have been more affected by unemployment than men. In 2000, the unemployment rate for women in the EU-28 was around 10 %, while the rate for men was below 8 %. By the end of 2002, this gender gap had narrowed to around 1.5 percentage points and between 2002 and mid-2007 this gap remained more or less constant. Since the first quarter of 2008, when they were at their lowest levels of 6.3 % and 7.4 % respectively, the male and female unemployment rates in the EU-28 converged, and by the second quarter of 2009 the male unemployment rate was higher. The decline of the men’s rate during 2010 and the first half of 2011 and the corresponding stability in the women’s rate over the same period brought the male rate below the female one once again. Since then the two rates have risen at the same pace until mid-2013, when they reached their highest value, both at 10.9 %. In the second half of 2013 both the male and the female rates declined, reaching respectively 10.6 % and 10.8 % at the end of the year.

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php/unemployment_statistics#Male_and_female_unemployment_trends

Edit: Although in Ireland the difference is massive. I'd never imply things are rosy for men generally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

strobe wrote: »
    . They're playing you.
    No, no, no, "paying" not "playing"!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Funny, I see rather a lot of men claiming victimhood in this thread and others of it's ilk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I must be missing something as I really don't see what the big deal about a band playing at a lingerie show is all about. Musicians and models, nothing new in that. I wonder if these 'so called' feminists just sit around thinking up things to be offended by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

anncoates wrote: »
    I think some people's lives would be far less stressful - and AH far more easier to read - if we simply accepted that the edicts delivered by some columnists in some liberal middle class media may be at worst, plain wrong, and at best, a minority view.
    Or block if they're on your Facebook. I recently unliked Rabble (bad-ass so I am :pac:) on Facebook and life is slightly easier without its self-loathing middle-class writers' shrill, condescending shrieking at me about how "we" are all responsible for society's ill etc.
    You’ve told us your sins and we’ve sharpened our knife, Hozier.
    Who the fuq is this "we" and "us" that keeps getting trotted out by these tedious columnists?

Advertisement