Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Palace

Options
  • 04-12-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris
    Vlad Fazio Verts Davies
    Lennon Bentaleb Eriksen Chadli
    Kane Soldado

Spurs-v-Palace-620.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This is a must win - i reckon we should have enough as long as the fatigue isnt a factor.

3-1 to us

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

We have a nice set of fixtures coming up. A win tomorrow and then take points off Swansea, Burnley & Leicester and that sets us up nicely for New Year.
    Poch seems to know his first choice 11 now but may have to change tomorrow due to tiredness. I can see Dembele & either Stambouli or Capoue ( injury permitting) starting tomorrow as Mason looked a bit knackered on Wednesday and Benteleb may need a rest also.
    3 points a must v Palace to keep up with the chasing pack.

We have a nice set of fixtures coming up. A win tomorrow and then take points off Swansea, Burnley & Leicester and that sets us up nicely for New Year.
    Poch seems to know his first choice 11 now but may have to change tomorrow due to tiredness. I can see Dembele & either Stambouli or Capoue ( injury permitting) starting tomorrow as Mason looked a bit knackered on Wednesday and Benteleb may need a rest also.
    3 points a must v Palace to keep up with the chasing pack.

Bentaleb has played very little , should b ok

Dembele has been awful this season so im not sure we will see him.

maybe stambouli, he was good in the last europa league match .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Going to this with my young lad. Hope its a 5-0!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully we'll see more improvement and a good win,a clean sheet would be nice and not going one down for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Ade has a virus.
    Typo? Is a virus?

gar wrote: »
    Ade has a virus.
    Typo? Is a virus?

Witch doctor got to him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bolasie & Puncheon are decent players. Warnock will have them set up well. It's a derby, I don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

TEAM: Lloris. Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies. Lamela, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen. Kane, Soldado.

That's a young team we've out today,hope they do the biz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It's a team that should be full of youthful attacking energy and intent. If we start strong and pressure them up the top of the pitch I think we can win this one by 2 or 3 however if the likes of ericksen and lamella just saunter around the pitch palace could nick it by the odd goal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Very lightweight across the middle.

Lennon dropped/rotated but no room for Chadli.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Fazio, Vertonghen....soft center back pairing.

I would have Vlad as my first CB, more pace

Hope he puts Lamela out on the left, to put in some good crosses in.

Rest of the team looks good.

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice kick in the sack from Lamella there :P

Hard luck Sol

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Terrible from us so far. So slow in everything we're doing.

Jedinak bossing the midfield :o

Soldado just isn't good enough....far too wasteful.

Lucky to be still 0-0,our passing is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

chadli on, lamela off :)

lloris " Man Of The Match " home against Palace.

Say's it all about our peformance :o

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Empty seats all over the lane. Paulinho should be docked a months wages for turning his back on that challenge around the 85th minute. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

that was difficult to watch - Hugo earned us a point

what absolute drivel

second best at home to palace.

Xmas season will be terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

There's no way around this. We were pretty poor today and lots of it was obvious as to why. No outlet, no lock picker, no antagonist. Everyone inadvertently passing responsibility. Erikesen is the only outfield player (part from lennon when he came on) who can hold their head up after that.

What's worrying is the managers new found stubborn streak. Is he going head to head with the chairman or something because its all beginning to look a little bit AVB last Xmas. I wont pass judgement on him yet, let's see what he does in the transfer window and try to build his own team.

As for Solado & Lamela. Me thinks it's just not gonna happen for them at Spurs. Watch us move em on and see them flourish elsewhere. Typical spurs.

There's no way around this. We were pretty poor today and lots of it was obvious as to why. No outlet, no lock picker, no antagonist. Everyone inadvertently passing responsibility. Erikesen is the only outfield player (part from lennon when he came on) who can hold their head up after that.

What's worrying is the managers new found stubborn streak. Is he going head to head with the chairman or something because its all beginning to look a little bit AVB last Xmas. I won't gomma pass judgement on him yet, let's are what he does in the transfer window and try to build his own team.

As for Solado & Lamela. Me thinks it's just not gonna happen for them at Spurs. Watch us move em on and see them flourish elsewhere. Typical spurs.

lamela was a joke again, yet lennon was dropped

i cant get to grips with this mangers decisions at all

I still can't see why Pooch plays,

Chadli on the left and lamela on the right.

Both are always going to cut inside and into traffic.

Swap them over, so they can go down the outside on their favoured foot and get crosses in.

We are far too predictable and pedestrian :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It does seem as though poch is trying to prove a point by playing lamella all the time. It's as if he's trying to say to levy/baldini see I told you he was **** let me pick my own players in January but keep your nose out of it Franco.
    Don't think that's gonna happen though.
    On the point about the wingers playing on the wrong sides and cutting in all the time, didn't we have this problem under avb which led to soldados confidence being shot to pieces which he still hasn't recoverd from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Look at the positives, Clean Sheet :eek:

Advertisement