Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Palace

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Look at the positives, Clean Sheet :eek:
    There was a couple of more positives,Vertongen and Fazio seem to be forming a decent partnership in the centre of defence and Davies had his best game for us today I think, and Lloris was class again.otherwise it was a pile of dross.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I support Liverpool, want to snuggle up beside me in my depression duvet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

We actually played better under Sherwood? Were we to harsh on him cos he was a gimp? It all feels like the early 2000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I nearly went to this game - glad I diddnt - Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

clean sheet at home to palace is hardly something to crow about but we are used to be served crumbs at the table these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Complete write off of a season again. We live in hope that it will just 'click' one of these days but that could be next September by the look of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Look at the positives, Clean Sheet :eek:

What? Against palace?! With a goal difference of -5. That's hardly a positive when we are at home.
    By all accounts we were lucky to hold on for a draw aswell! Sorry but I can't get excited about that. The worst thing about it is that seems to be our strongest team out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

tom1ie wrote: »
    What? Against palace?! With a goal difference of -5. That's hardly a positive when we are at home.
    By all accounts we were lucky to hold on for a draw aswell! Sorry but I can't get excited about that. The worst thing about it is that seems to be our strongest team out there.
    My sarcasm was obviously lost on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Our own goal difference is not much better :-)

So little discussion about yesterday's match , it's painfully obvious that support is waning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    Our own goal difference is not much better :-)

So little discussion about yesterday's match , it's painfully obvious that support is waning

Wouldn't think support is waning, just disappointment.

We all got excited after Everton , but yesterday was just appalling again, so many poor performances. No pace in the side at all, I hate seeing eriksen and lamela starting as the wide men, surely after Chelsea chadli deserved a start or even Lennon. The palace attacking players put our lot to shame.

Just hope the manager has the chance to get rid of those he doesn't want and is allowed time to build his own team.

Thursday is a nothing game, but a big week after that including Newcastle in ye cup, we need to improve quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 summit182

Was at the game yesterday and it was awful. The crowd was silent from the first whistle and that anxiety seemed to make its way to the pitch. Lamela was shocking. What struck me was that the players didn't want to make themselves available for the ball for a forward pass. Yes the selection and positioning of some players was a mistake but they didn't want the ball. Soldado and Kane never moved once the midfield got the ball, hence the constant sideways and backward passing.

I will hold judgement personally until Poch has a transfer window under his belt and see what he can do then but the omens aren't good. There seems to be something rotten at the core of the club and that responsibility lies at the top imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

summit182 wrote: »
    Was at the game yesterday and it was awful. The crowd was silent from the first whistle and that anxiety seemed to make its way to the pitch. Lamela was shocking. What struck me was that the players didn't want to make themselves available for the ball for a forward pass. Yes the selection and positioning of some players was a mistake but they didn't want the ball. Soldado and Kane never moved once the midfield got the ball, hence the constant sideways and backward passing.

I will hold judgement personally until Poch has a transfer window under his belt and see what he can do then but the omens aren't good. There seems to be something rotten at the core of the club and that responsibility lies at the top imo.

nail on the head

Advertisement