Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Upgrade gate fob

• 04-12-2014 10:32am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭

My parents got electric gates this year. They have no intercom with it, we just use gobs to oopen it. The distance between the house and the gate is 100 feet, and they have to walk half way down the drive to buzz someone in. The fob is a FAAC tm433. Is this a good fob, or will I be able to upgrade it to one with a greater range?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

beertons wrote: »
    My parents got electric gates this year. They have no intercom with it, we just use gobs to oopen it. The distance between the house and the gate is 100 feet, and they have to walk half way down the drive to buzz someone in. The fob is a FAAC tm433. Is this a good fob, or will I be able to upgrade it to one with a greater range?

Have they always had to do this or has the distance reduced over time?

Is there shrubs after growing up between the house and gate?

When were the batteries last replaced in those remotes?

Is there an external antenna at the gate controller and can it be moved to a higher position?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Gates are only in 2 months. Fob only worked from 40-50 feet away since its been put in.

Shrubs, none.

The remotes are new, but I'll saw it to them tomorrow to replace the batteries.

As far as I know, the antenna/sensor is near the ground, about 3 inches up. If I had this raised to the top of the piers, would it make a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Sounds to me like the position of that antenna is your problem, 2 months old? I would ring whoever installed the system and get them back to raise the antenna.
    I wonder what the guy who fitted it was thinking, do the ants in your garden operate the gates also?

Have you ever noticed where aerials are usually positioned? Chimneys on houses and roofs on cars.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'll get them to give him a call, to move them.

Advertisement