Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking permit - how far away can I park?

Options
  • 04-12-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

I have a parking permit for my current apartment but parking on my street fills up quickly and sometimes I have to park a few minutes walk away.

I've only had to do this a few times but I'm just worried that I could still be clamped.

Does anyone know how far away from the address on the permit you can park or is it at the discretion of the warden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

It normally states on the permit which streets you may park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya on the street where u have the permit for, thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Your permit is only for the street named on the permit.

If you're around the corner on the next street, within spitting distance of the street they'll still clamp you. They're nice like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Check your permit, it should say on that or the letter you got with it. For example, where I live there are houses on both sides of the street but residential parking is only on one side of the street so we are also permitted to use parking spaces on the street around the corner. However, this is specified on the permit.

Advertisement