Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eircom Secure Watch HKC Query

• 04-12-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and have a quick query regading this alarm Eircom Secure Watch HKC Query which I got fitted about 9 years ago,

The wall mounted control panel (Secure Watch HKC ) audio has started acting up in that sometimes it does not tell me its arming \ disarming etc, the audio is breaking up.

Is this just a battery that needs to be replace,

Applogies in advance if this has been covered in anither thread.

Cheers
    Earlsie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Earlsie wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

New to the forum and have a quick query regading this alarm Eircom Secure Watch HKC Query which I got fitted about 9 years ago,

The wall mounted control panel (Secure Watch HKC ) audio has started acting up in that sometimes it does not tell me its arming \ disarming etc, the audio is breaking up.

Is this just a battery that needs to be replace,

Applogies in advance if this has been covered in anither thread.

Cheers
    Earlsie

No apologies necessary in this forum. Funny that you posted this today as I was on my last service call with one of my own customers last night and she had the same problem.
    It is not a battery problem, basically there is a little speaker on the back of your keypad and that is going faulty.
    On my call last night I had an old spare keypad cover and swooped it out.
    Now don't worry about it, in car terminology it would be similar to the courtesy light gone in your car, the car will still perform perfectly without it.

My advice to you though is not to report it to them as they will probably make a big deal of it and you would be spending a lot more money than is necessary.
    Any local PSA licenced installer would be able to help you with that minor problem.
    P's also as you have a 9 year old secure watch panel then more than likely you have a wired system as opposed to the majority of Phonewatch systems which are wireless. You only have 1 battery within your panel and if that went low then a warning will come up in writing on your keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Thanks for the Info Kub,
    Had a quick look online for a speaker but no joy, am I right in saying I probably need a complete 2nd hand keypad cover to fix this issue.

And yes I have the older wired system which has been going strong for 9 years til now,

Tks
    Earlsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Earlsie wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info Kub,
    Had a quick look online for a speaker but no joy, am I right in saying I probably need a complete 2nd hand keypad cover to fix this issue.

And yes I have the older wired system which has been going strong for 9 years til now,

Tks
    Earlsie

Not the whole keypad no, just the cover, that is where the speaker is positioned.
    You would be making a lot of unnecessary work by changing the entire keypad.

Advertisement