Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland lodged missed payments with ICB for my husband

Options
  • 04-12-2014 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Looking for advice or if anyone has had the same problem.

My husband has a loan with BOI and his repayments are taken via direct debit on the 22nd of each month and always have been, he is paid the 21st so there is no question the money was there in the account.
    We are going for a mortgage and the ICB report on him is not good it states he missed 2 payments in 2013 which simply did not happen.

He is going over to his bank today to sort the problem as we cant get a mortgage with this on the ICB report, the funny thing is I ran an ICB report on him earlier this year and the missed payments were not on it, I know how to read the reports and as soon as I saw the one from yesterday I saw the missed payments right away as he only has one loan but the one earlier in the year they were not on it.

Is it possible BOI have done this in error or made a mistake in lodging a missed payment against him instead of someone else??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

TrishSimon wrote: »

My husband has a loan with BOI and his repayments are taken via direct debit on the 22nd of each month and always have been, he is paid the 21st so there is no question the money was there in the account.
    We are going for a mortgage and the ICB report on him is not good it states he missed 2 payments in 2013 which simply did not happen.

He is going over to his bank today to sort the problem as we cant get a mortgage with this on the ICB report, the funny thing is I ran an ICB report on him earlier this year and the missed payments were not on it, I know how to read the reports and as soon as I saw the one from yesterday I saw the missed payments right away as he only has one loan but the one earlier in the year they were not on it.

Is it possible BOI have done this in error or made a mistake in lodging a missed payment against him instead of someone else??
    Hi TrishSimon,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If your husband contacts his branch directly, one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for him.

The ICB also provides further information on their FAQ’s page here

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

TrishSimon wrote: »

Hi TrishSimon,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If your husband contacts his branch directly, one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for him.

The ICB also provides further information on their FAQ’s page here

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola
    Thank you Nicola, It turns out it was one payment in March 2013, we did contact the branch directly and to no avail they are insisting on leaving him with a bad credit history for another 6 months so we took some advice from a financial advisor who looked at all the details and we have made a complaint to the financial ombudsman, it turns out my husbands wages were in on the 22nd usually its the 21st and because that was a Saturday the direct debit for the loan was taken one day early on the 21st which normally would be okay but this one month his wages went in a day late so the payment was missed it was however taken 10 days later but he was still reported to the ICB we have explained all of this to BOI and they just were not interested.  They just issued a letter stating the payment was missed on that one occasion it was paid 10 days later and his account is up to date since then but they still wont budge on contacting the ICB so BOI have ruined any chance we have of getting a joint mortgage for another 6 months.  I already have a small mortgage so know the process of obtaining one and keeping a clean record we would understand if he was irresponsible with his payments but he was not so unfortunately now we have to go the route of the ombudman.  A family member has just retired from BOI so she is helping us with everything.

Advertisement