Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beast of Ballyhoura 2015 AR European Champs

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Talked to a couple of racers going through - all found the last section of kayak difficult: just going nowhere. #TeamTriHarder were in good spirits this evening as they headed out from transition in Dunmore East.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A 25m jump off a cliff? That would have been me crying like a baby right there. Fair play to those guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Any updates on these nut jobs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Triharder finished at 5.20 this morning. Updates on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

mossym wrote: »
    Triharder finished at 5.20 this morning. Updates on their site

Mossy has done a cracking job on reports, thank you sir!

Dilbert as official #TriHarderAR photographer you're hired!! :)

We laughed, cried and cried laughing through 68.5 hours of racing through some stunning locations, standing tall on mountains and crawling through ditches.

An awesome job done by all the Irish teams who stood shoulder to shoulder with the best of European racers and put it up to them.

Huge kudos to Enduro & Co on their podium place. Delighted for you guys.

LGK I didn't get to meet you, great going.

Neady - 1st time out and you guys rocked it!!

Mike, Kate, Shane & myself are over the moon. We finished 29th overall and 6th Irish team home.

Thanks to each one of you for all the messages of support. Going to take some time for this to settle in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Dilbert it was so lovely to see you before the coasteering :)

We finished 38th, without injury and very happy adventurers. It was tough at times, the hike a bike sections nearly broke me both mentally and physically but I loved the hike (without the blinking bike) in the Galtees :) The best thing about it though was we had such a laugh especially when we met random people asking what we were up to - they could not wrap their heads around it at all.

It was an epic adventure, I did so many things for the first time (coasteering & swimming in open water) and we learned so much as a team. I had no idea what sleep deprivation would do to a person, the hallucinations were hilarious though (castles, dancing hikers, vans, dinosaurs) and the footpaths I slept on were the most welcome of beds.

Thank you all for the messages of support and for all the advice throughout the year. Well done to Mike, Sean, Kate and Shane, ye put in an epic performance and got a well deserved top 20 position.

Today is a day of ups and downs, I'm still trying to compute everything we did, the highs and lows and process the distance we covered. After getting all the gear washed and the bike sorted, I've my feet up resting my sore feet and swelled calves but thankfully there's no lasting injuries.

Oryx I didn't do the 25ft jump off the cliff, we lost 250 points because of it unfortunately. I was so happy to have got through the swim without having a panic attack that I couldn't risk doing that jump and screwing it all up.

I'll start the race report during the week when I've figured it all out in my head, mind you, it probably won't be in sequence because I can't remember exactly went where :D

We started off the race asking each other who's idea this was but we finished it asking, what's next :) that pretty much sums it up :)

Neady83 wrote: »
    Dilbert it was so lovely to see you before the coasteering :)

Likewise - I did smile to myself afterwards when I realised I'd only introduced myself by my Boards name! You did great - there's no way I'd have tackled it at all, never mind achieve as much as you did.

AKW wrote: »
    Dilbert as official #TriHarderAR photographer you're hired!! :)

As long as I get 6 hours sleep a night I'm game. Feel free to share the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Brilliant event. I don't know how I will pen a report but I will.

Well done Neady and the Arses great to meet you again and well done on finishing ranked

Enduro huge congrats and cheers for stopping over. Sounds like Get No Sleep had some race. You were like the kid that got the sweets :) Big kudos for putting it up to the European top teams that came over.

The event stepped up a big notch to host the AR Euro Series final.

As for #TriHarderAR, well we had a ball and I'm very proud of the team and how we stepped up a notch this year. It was all about learning again. Applying last year's lessons to bring out an improved performance. This year we executed our plan, had a ball of fun, epic highs and some very specific lows. We pulled together as as team though and finished strong passing other teams.

The volunteers are selfless wonderful people. AR, though, is an enter if you dare, thing... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

LGK I didn't get to meet you, great going.

Cheers. Meant to look you guys up, but as usual, brain was a bit fuzzy at the end.

You did really well, must already be looking forward to ITERA next year :D

• Advertisement

The volunteers are selfless wonderful people.

Some of them were working 22 hour days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Ah lads and ladies!

Ye are brilliant, very well done! Delighted for you all. Such a brilliant thing to put yourself through. Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Two page article on the Beast in today's Sunday Times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Two page article on the Beast in today's Sunday Times :)

Just got it and read it. Think the penny just dropped on me who LGK is too :)

https://twitter.com/TriHarderAR/status/638042510703599616

Just got it and read it. Think the penny just dropped on me who LGK is too :)

https://twitter.com/TriHarderAR/status/638042510703599616

That's the price of fame, losing anonymity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Visit Ballyhoura

Just to keep everyone updated.The registration is now open Beast of Ballyhoura Adventure Race 2016 July 30th-31st.Closing Date For Registration is June 21st!.beastofballyhoura.com

Advertisement