Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nativity play time!

Options
  • 04-12-2014 2:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭

Was just watching Loose Women and Colleen Nolan was absolutely hilarious in her commentary. 'So, they come home, and say, I'm in the play! I'm a cow!!'. And you're like..... ' oh brilliant' - And who's Joseph?'

PMSL.

Oh bless.

My darling is the Scroodge in the future or something this year. Darling was the back end of a donkey her first year. Brilliant ass of an ass she was!

Any stars or sheep?

Parents of Mary and Joseph's need not participate in this thread. :D

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,035 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I had a Joseph one year!! He's the most uncooperative, unenthusiastic child I've ever seen. I think he was picked so that he might participate in SOMETHING... He did... Just about! But had no lines to say. The narrators did all the talking and any dialogue was done in songs, by the whole group!! It was more of a mime performance for the "main characters"!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I had a Joseph one year!! He's the most uncooperative, unenthusiastic child I've ever seen. I think he was picked so that he might participate in SOMETHING... He did... Just about! But had no lines to say. The narrators did all the taking and any dialogue was done in songs, by the whole group!!

We don't want to hear about Josephs. There are many stars and donkeys and sheep. As for Holy Mary? Nope. Don't want to hear.

Lol. Were you proud when he was Joseph? Prouder than when he was a star the next year lol.

I laugh, but I genuinely DO ask - SO who is Holy Mary and Joseph? It's good to know what you're up against.

You can then conclude that it was a sympathy nomination or something. Maybe they drew lots. Certainly, the Virgin Mary should have been my darling - all things being fair like.

• Administrators Posts: 14,035 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

To be honest... The donkey is the better part to get because they have a real donkey outfit!!! As Joseph he wore one of my long sleeve tops and a tea towel. Same costume he had the following 4 years as a shepherd!! Only for he was standing beside a girl who was holding a doll nobody would have known who he was!!!!!

But yes, my generic angels and shepherds will never live up to "My Joseph"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I was Mary in the nativity play. It was always done by the junior infants. I didn't have a clue about what was going on or why I wasn't one of 100 angels (it was a very large school).

I'm atheist now, and should we have to send ours to a religious school I'm not sure about how to navigate the nativity play if and when it arises!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My older boy was a reindeer when he was in Junior Infants. I was so proud. :D

The younger lad was a shepherd one year.

The teachers put in some amount of work preparing their classes each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My little girls Montessori do a nativity, she tells me this year she's going to be an angel, and then says her costume is red, with a cape and cherries along the bottom. Should be an interesting angel :)
    Don't know how they do it with 30 under 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

My little boy is a shepherd this year... Last year he was too young to do anything so I'm all excited to see him in his big role this year :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mine is a Dancing Christmas Tree in her playschool christmas play. Don't know what the heck that's going to be like!

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ours is the Daddy Snowman. He gets to say his piece before the sun-girl melts him :'(

His teacher sent home a note asking could all the snowmen have white clothes and a top hat. Yeah, because my 5y/o has a top hat... Hey teacher, is it ok if he brings his monocle too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Never mind Mary & Joesph, ancillary roles is where it's at :)

Pided piper's of Jerusalem's parent here. Apparently the children from Jerusalem were taken by the pided piper and not killed by Harrod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My son's name IS Joseph so I think it only fair he get the the lead role every year :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The most entertaining parts are when one child shoves another or bumps into another by accident and the child gets a strop or a child refuses to hand over baby Jesus or something like that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

My son is the sun?? I'm not sure what to expect as they go to an alternative school so it could be anything. All I know is that there is a moon, stars, children, flowers, lambs, three Marys and no Joseph! Also they all say all the words together so there's less pressure. I hear my young fella reciting it in his bed when he's supposed to be going to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

haha, i've just been told she is "lady" this year :D she has been a star and one of the 3 kings and an angel! she did a christmas carol play thingy two weeks ago, we got front row seats and it was a big mistake :o
    myself, my mam and my boyfriend were shaking with uncontrollable laughter, tears streaming down our faces for the first 20 minutes. they had two obnoxious pricks (about 19 years old) in between the school kids songs and we just lost our sh!t altogether. couldn't even lift our heads up :o
    another mammy i was talking to had gone one of the other nights and said the same thing happened her, front row, couldnt cope at all! :D didnt feel to bad then! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son's school has taken the lazy option this year and not holding any plays for Christmas. They are doing carol singing in the local church one evening next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ours is a play about Santa, the boy is playing an elf, not sure if he will actually preform or not, he gets a bit freaked out by crowds so its a strong possibility he might not do it on the day. I really hope he does.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    My son's school has taken the lazy option this year and not holding any plays for Christmas. They are doing carol singing in the local church one evening next week.

Awwwww! But that's the highlight of Christmas!

eviltwin wrote: »
    Ours is a play about Santa, the boy is playing an elf, not sure if he will actually preform or not, he gets a bit freaked out by crowds so its a strong possibility he might not do it on the day. I really hope he does.

I love it when the little ones come out all brave and prepped by teacher and just stand there, looking at the crowd and the bright lights until teacher steps in and prompts them back to what they should be doing lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    If you have ever tried to teach a large group of children aged 4-12 a selection of songs to sing, when to stand, sit, kneel and even how to behave in church, you'd do the individual class play EVERY time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

In Montessori my niece was the inn keeper and her contribution was very loudly shouting "THERE'S NO ROOM IN THE INN!". Her front of house skills leave a little to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

We had ours today- it was about Mary's cosmic journey through the stars and planets to the earth(!). Apart from a kid standing on the end of his robe and face planting on his way to the stage, it all went well. I could hear my boys singing out of tune at the end- what he lacks in talent he makes up for in volume! Very sweet all the same. There was also some surprisingly painless recorder music. Now we've just got the carols tomorrow night. Should be interest iin trying to contain our 3yo and 9mth old!

Advertisement