Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletown Gates

Options
  • 04-12-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Went for a run last night and found the small side gate is now locked... when did this start? I had to climb over the small fence instead, I wonder will they plan to build a bigger fence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Get a submission in to the council before 5 tomorrow: https://www.facebook.com/castletownrightofwaygroup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I presume there are no problems entering the grounds after hours but its at your own risk. OPW are responsible and have to call the shots.
    Desmond Guinness saved Castletown Demesne from the developers and now OPW are the guardians.
    I dread to think what would happen if the state pulled out.

Parkland Opening Times:
    The October 2014 to March 2015 opening/closing times for the gates/access to the estate are as follows:

Batty Langley Gate (Pedestrian Access) 06:30 to 19:30
    Celbridge Avenue Gate (Pedestrian Access) 06:45 to 19:45
    M4 Gate (Vehicle Access) 07:00 to 20:00

Gates are open everyday throughout the year. Free admission to the estate.

Advertisement