Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

cowlove wrote: »
    Ah no. Don't apologies. It wasn't your post at all. I was away at the weekend and friends were saying "I cant see a bump at all" and it started playing on my mind!

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow and im glad your scan went well Ms Tootsie!

Thanks cowlove for that but think i needed to post that for everyone didnt want anyone upset hope you are good now .

thanks cathery I'll say that to work tomorrow and best of luck with your scan :-)

Hi irishgirl19 i just told work i had the appointment at 1.30 and would be in when it was finished rather than saying it was in the morning before i started work if you get me ? If i was on an early shift and the appointment was in the afternoon id tell them it was 2 hours before i was due to finish , little white lies but then it works out better for you !

Hi Ladies , I had my scan on Friday and it went great one little baby in there so all delighted. Got loads of pics too. We also told everyone in our family and the most important people our children. Their reactions were priceless so funny! But how did the baby get in there mam is the main question !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Aw that is brilliant news catchery! Loved the reaction from the little ones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Morning ladies, had a pretty miserable weekend. Lots of pain and needing to sleep. I should probably take up yoga or something really.

• Advertisement

Aw no Dobbit that sounds horrible. Whats the pain? Back pain? I think you can do pregnancy yoga from 14 weeks onwards

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Aw that is brilliant news catchery! Loved the reaction from the little ones lol

Thanks Ms Tootsie ! Showed them the scan photos and thought it would click but they were saying yeah we saw these before thats when we were in mammys belly ? This went on for a bit then the penny dropped screams of excitement!!! Just brilliant! Baby name lists started straight away and my little boy keeps saying ill keep this toy/ jacket or whatever for the baby im too big for it now but he can have it ! A boy for the boy and a girl for the girl ! Happy times!

Dobbit wrote: »
    Morning ladies, had a pretty miserable weekend. Lots of pain and needing to sleep. I should probably take up yoga or something really.

Sorry to hear you are in pain where hun ? I had wicked pelvic pain on and off for most of last week just things stretching but man it was uncomfortable hope you are ok ?

Ah yeah I'm fine, thanks guys. Just general stretching and soreness. Also feeling ALL THE EMOTIONs right now. I got a disappointing result with something in work, not even that big a deal, and I was practically in floods of tears at my desk. Embarrassing.

Had a great day fairly nausea free yesterday, was beginning to think I was finally turning a corner and bam, this morning it was back :( I know I shouldnt complain but I am sick of being sick at this stage, Roll on the second trimester, I have all my hopes on it getting better. Typical to be feeling so poorly when we have a pancake feast today in work :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I'm fine, thanks guys. Just general stretching and soreness. Also feeling ALL THE EMOTIONs right now. I got a disappointing result with something in work, not even that big a deal, and I was practically in floods of tears at my desk. Embarrassing.

Aw sweetie my heart goes out to you! It can be a nightmare trying to keep all the emotions in check at the minute. Dont be too hard on yourself.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Aw sweetie my heart goes out to you! It can be a nightmare trying to keep all the emotions in check at the minute. Dont be too hard on yourself.

Even reading that is making me well up, I'm an absolute mess of a human being right now. Normally I never cry, unless I'm really hungover.

Oh I hear you hon I am not a crier either but when you are pregnant the hormones just run riot. You are not super woman you are only human and it is ok if they get the better of you once in a while. Maybe head out of the office for a walk and some fresh air, get away from the desk and you might find it easier to get a handle on them. Big hugs xo

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

Had my 12 week scan in the hospital all was well. They think I am 4 weeks further on than I thought. The next hospital app is at 24 weeks. Am I suppose to go to my own GP before this for check ups. They did not say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

cb7 wrote: »
    Had my 12 week scan in the hospital all was well. They think I am 4 weeks further on than I thought. The next hospital app is at 24 weeks. Am I suppose to go to my own GP before this for check ups. They did not say.

Did you ask them? At my hospital appointments I've been told at what week I should come back to them and go to gp, for example at a 16 week scan they said next appt here is 16 weeks, go to gp at 20 weeks.

cb7 wrote: »

Leave a gap of two weeks between appointments with gp and hospital unless advised to do otherwise. My doc tells me when i need to come back to see her if your not told always try and remember to ask ! Im a feather brain at the best of times but when im pregnant oh my !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Hi girls, got a letter from the hospital today saying they needed another urine sample and to drop it into my gp. So worried tonight. Has anyone any experience of this or heard of it happening?

chakademus wrote: »
    Hi girls, got a letter from the hospital today saying they needed another urine sample and to drop it into my gp. So worried tonight. Has anyone any experience of this or heard of it happening?

You may have a slight sign of protein in your urine that could suggest a uti and they just want another sample to check it again ! Dont panic hun they have to double check everything thats all !

I second what catchery has said, could be a few simple explanations so try not to worry chick - although I know that is easier said that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Thanks girls, ye know the way you just catastrophise straight away. Dropped it down to the G.P and she'll send it to the lab. Results will be a week. Hoping that it was just something small. Thanks for the reassurance though, I really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Anyone else getting headaches. I'm in bed here trying to decide if I'll go into work or not lol

Anyone else getting headaches. I'm in bed here trying to decide if I'll go into work or not lol

Yeah I get massive headaches on and off.

Indigestion is a big pain for me at the moment. Got it bad in the middle of my lovely Valentines dinner!

Decided to sign up for pregnancy yoga starting next week, eeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

oh let us know how it goes dobbit
    I've never done yoga before so don't know if I'd be any good at the pregnancy yoga

Oh hon you poor thing. I have been getting awful headaches from the minute I got a positive result on the pregnancy test. Never was prone to headaches before so finding them a nightmare. Nothing to do with blood pressure as I had that checked and I drink the place out of water so I am not dehydrated. My gp has just put it down to hormones. Sometimes the only thing for it is to have a lie down.

Decided to sign up for pregnancy yoga starting next week, eeek.

Oh that is exciting! I have been researching pregnancy yoga and pilates classes near me so I would love to hear how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi girls,

I had my first scan at the hospital yesterday.

I felt worn out afterwards. I met with 2 midwives and young doctor and then the consultant. Took over three hours.

I am so glad I went for a private scan as this scan was rubbish. I couldnt see much and the picture I received isn't very clear.

At one stage the consultant was scanning me and the baby measured 18 weeks. He then scanned again and it came out at 17wk3 days. I thought I was 16wk5 yesterday. So I am a little confused. He has left my edd as 31st July.

I then asked could I get an anomaly scan and he said yes. I nearly fell over as I thought Portiuncula didn't offer them. It seems they are on a trial basis.

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls,

I had my first scan at the hospital yesterday.

I felt worn out afterwards. I met with 2 midwives and young doctor and then the consultant. Took over three hours.

I am so glad I went for a private scan as this scan was rubbish. I couldnt see much and the picture I received isn't very clear.

At one stage the consultant was scanning me and the baby measured 18 weeks. He then scanned again and it came out at 17wk3 days. I thought I was 16wk5 yesterday. So I am a little confused. He has left my edd as 31st July.

I then asked could I get an anomaly scan and he said yes. I nearly fell over as I thought Portiuncula didn't offer them. It seems they are on a trial basis.

Sorry you had such a bad experience cowlove. How could they have such differing measurements! The tiny scanner they used on my for my 30 second holles street one managed to get the exact same reading as the fancy one in the private clinic!

@Irishgirl & Ms Tootsie, I will report back! A friend of mine assures me it's grand for novices.

So sorry to hear the scan was disappointing and the appointment was so long!

It is good news on the anomaly scan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Thanks girls. I don't know how many weeks I am pregnant now :confused:

I am half wondering if my last period was actually an implantation bleed. I cant remember how heavy/light the period was.

Ah well, I suppose I will see how I am measuring at the anomaly scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Hi Ladies, my goodness, I must have not been here for a good while, had a lot of catching up to do! :-)

Great to read some of the fab news like great scan experiences & excited kiddies, sending big hugs to those who go through some pain issues etc! Hope you all feel better soon!

My bump is still also at the funny "big dinner" stage, but I am enjoying my mobility & lack of additional weight whlist I can :-)

Also considering pregnancy yoga - heard heaps of good stuff about it! Am a novice to yoga also, so will gladly read about your experiences!

Advertisement