Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I've been asked a good bit if it was planned or not. I think because we're older and most of our friends have had their families and we have always been a contented childless couple people probably thought we made a conscious decision not to have kids. I'm 14 weeks and we hadn't a clue until I was 9/10 weeks. I'm really lucky, I haven't had a bit of sickness, but have a bit of insomnia, I haven't been able to sleep though the night since Christmas. While I don't think I'm showing, I certainly feel like I'm a bit tight in my clothes and cannot wait until the main part of the day is over so I can get into my comfy pyjamas.

congratulations borderlinemeath! I 'know' you from the animals and pet issues forum! I'm the same as you in that i'm 14 weeks and not showing but noticed in the last few days my clothes are definitely getting snug. Love getting out of the fitted work clothes and into my pjs in the evening - it's heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    congratulations borderlinemeath! I 'know' you from the animals and pet issues forum! I'm the same as you in that i'm 14 weeks and not showing but noticed in the last few days my clothes are definitely getting snug. Love getting out of the fitted work clothes and into my pjs in the evening - it's heaven!

Ha, I tend to live over in A&PI :D I'm having to expand my horizons now lol!

I have a long puffy coat which is so snuggly and warm and I wear it on the coldest of cold days, I was wearing it last week and I had to take it off and the best way I could describe it to himself is that I felt like I was stuffed into a sausage skin :D . I think I actually felt bigger a week or two ago, but now I've just grown into it. Although had to buy a couple of new bras, all my regular ones were just so uncomfortable!

Went for a swim over the weekend and felt great after it. Plan to get into the routine of going a few times a week now I am not longer suffering from sickness. I gotta earn all those cream eggs I am craving ;)

Cant wait to start pregnancy yogalates but I have been told to wait until I am 16 weeks.

Have my first antenatal visit in the hospital on Friday morning. I'll be 15+3 by then and would've pushed for an earlier visit only we got a private scan at 12 weeks when we got the panorama test done. Got that as I'm 41 and just needed the reassurance that all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Oh my, I can't believe the rudeness of some people! I must be blessed with work colleagues - everyone is so nice and supportive!

16 weeks now and still not showing too much, although in the evenings I definitely do look pregnant already... Somehow, in the morning, the belly is much smaller! I must be having a shy baby :)

Good to see most of you are slowly getting over the sickness phase - I actually almost don't feel pregnant at all now, LOL. Finally able no to fall asleep before 10pm, no nausea, no big belly - life's good ;-)

• Advertisement

Have my first antenatal visit in the hospital on Friday morning. I'll be 15+3 by then and would've pushed for an earlier visit only we got a private scan at 12 weeks when we got the panorama test done. Got that as I'm 41 and just needed the reassurance that all was well.

Best of luck, and congratulations! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

emka1984 wrote: »
    16 weeks now and still not showing too much, although in the evenings I definitely do look pregnant already... Somehow, in the morning, the belly is much smaller! I must be having a shy baby :)

It's bloating and water retention, as the day goes on this increases and will make any "bump" seem bigger in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Second yoga class went much better, didn't even fall over this time!

I think I've started to feel movement but I can't be sure. Little pops and nudges all in the same area, maybe 3/4 inches below the belly button. Particularly when I sit forward at my desk or on the train with my knees crossed.

WOW Dobbit that's so exciting!!!! How many weeks are you now?

Dobbit wrote: »
    Second yoga class went much better, didn't even fall over this time!

I think I've started to feel movement but I can't be sure. Little pops and nudges all in the same area, maybe 3/4 inches below the belly button. Particularly when I sit forward at my desk or on the train with my knees crossed.

Great news on both fronts! I think I'm feeling something too, but not sure if it's the baby yet or not... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Ladies id say ye are feeling stuff ! Drink a glass of cold water and lie down and relax and see if you can feel it again ! I also notice when i eat afterwards the baby does flips ! This is the best bits enjoy its just fab x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I still haven't felt anything yet :(

WOW Dobbit that's so exciting!!!! How many weeks are you now?

I'll be 19 at the weekend.

Irishgirl, it's hard to tell the difference at first between it and standard digestive gurgles but everyone is different too so don't worry if you haven't felt anything yet, baby might just like sleeping!

Catchery, I was drinking a can of 7up in a meeting yesterday and it was going mad, haha.

I still haven't felt nothing yet :(
    16 wks now

That's still very early to feel movement, between 18 and 22 is the average.

I'm 15wks and haven't felt anything yet either, I wouldn't worry Irishgirl19, soon enough we'll be telling them to pipe down and stop waking us up!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Hey guys, I am 20 weeks tomorrow and only felt something yesterday! Fairly sure it was baby as it was different from anything I have felt before! I was actually getting a bit worried! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Just popping in from the june thread :) this is my first and I didn't feel anything till week 23, but I do carry extra weight anyways. My consultant told me it's normal for first timers to not feel anything even till week 24 so hang in there :)

I am 15 weeks havent felt anything and am not expecting to for another 5 / 6 weeks - that way if it happens earlier even better!!!

Off for another scan today. They are going to check my cervix to see if I need a stitch put in - I had a leetz procedure done last year following a smear which showed up abnormal cells. Hoping I dont have to get one but if I do so be it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Irishgirl 16 weeks is super super early still. I felt nothing until 18 weeks and then it was very sporadic, now at 32 weeks I can't sleep with the punches, clicks and lurches that make me jump and gasp, so don't be wishing this bit away!! At antenatal class last week I couldn't sit still with the belts my ribs and pelvis were getting, it was torture. It was much more tolerable when they were just little wiggles a couple of times a day! So jealous of people with actual bumps and the extra space that brings!

• Advertisement

I still haven't felt nothing yet :(
    16 wks now

Our time will come still, don't worry! :-)

irishgirl19 dont be worrying i know its disappointing when you hear others talking about feeling stuff but when you do it will be worth the wait ! Then you will notice certain things will set the baby off like food, music your partners voice it will all come in time ! My husband could feel the baby kick him in the back when i was lying behind him in bed ! Also bums, elbows, knees and feet poking out ! Absolutely no sleep in the last few months at night time very active ! Its all ahead of you believe me ! You will feel it one day and that will be it. Again if you are running around for most of the day you will probably not feel much its when you sit quietly and relax that you may feel something more ! Or your baby may rest when you do ? So dont worry hun it will happen !

Sounds very exciting I can't wait until it happens now. I suppose I am still very early yet.
    I have a scan at 18 weeks to find out the sex. me and the bf are too impatient to wait lol

So I had the cervical scan yesterday and got some great news - I shouldn't have to get a stitch. They will check again at the 20 wk scan but all is good. Absolutely delighted.

The sonographer asked did I want to know the sex! I asked could they tell already - I was 14 weeks 5 days yesterday - and she said no doubt she could. I was sorely tempted but Im looking forward to my husband telling me'it's a boy or it's a girl' at the end of all the hard labour. The curiosity is driving me crazy lol.

All last night my OH and I were chatting back and forth about what she maybe did or maybe didnt see!!

So I had the cervical scan yesterday and got some great news - I shouldn't have to get a stitch. They will check again at the 20 wk scan but all is good. Absolutely delighted.

The sonographer asked did I want to know the sex! I asked could they tell already - I was 14 weeks 5 days yesterday - and she said no doubt she could. I was sorely tempted but Im looking forward to my husband telling me'it's a boy or it's a girl' at the end of all the hard labour. The curiosity is driving me crazy lol.

All last night my OH and I were chatting back and forth about what she maybe did or maybe didnt see!!

Great news! Happy for you! :-)

That's great news tootsie. Its mad how they could tell that early aswell isn't it!

I was so surprised they could tell! Totally caught me on the hop then because I wasnt expecting to be asked this early did I want to know. I must have more willpower than I thought then since I was able to say no :D

Had hospital appointment this morning and a scan, all looked great. Baby did not stop jumping, twisting, turning, and trying to put his/her hands in her mouth the entire time! It's no wonder I can't get a full nights sleep! Got some really good detailed pics and it's amazing to see the difference between our last scan just over 3 weeks ago. It pushed my dates out by 2 days to the 27th of August, not that it matters much.

The only downside is that I have to have a blood sugar test because I'm over 40 to check for gestational diabetes :(. Nor is it likely that I'll get into the MLU as I'm over the age limit although you can be persistent and if you get your consultant and the head of the department to agree then there's a chance. Although if I don't pass the blood sugar test then it's a definite no.

I had to get that test done on my last two pregnancies purely because of the size of my bump ! They were sure i had it , but no just big babies and loads of fluid. It aint nice not going to lie to you , tastes disgusting and you have to fast i think and they take a blood test before and after? Im over 40 too so ill be getting it done again this time ! Yuk ! Its like drinking oil ! Maybe its improved since last time, size of a small carton of juice, dont worry you most likely dont have it at all they are just being careful which is a good thing !

• Advertisement

catchery wrote: »
    I had to get that test done on my last two pregnancies purely because of the size of my bump ! They were sure i had it , but no just big babies and loads of fluid. It aint nice not going to lie to you , tastes disgusting and you have to fast i think and they take a blood test before and after? Im over 40 too so ill be getting it done again this time ! Yuk ! Its like drinking oil ! Maybe its improved since last time, size of a small carton of juice, dont worry you most likely dont have it at all they are just being careful which is a good thing !

Yep, have to fast from the night before but was told to bring in a 500ml bottle of lucozade for it? Not that I'm overly fond of lucozade anyway! It's the waiting and the bloods (and the fasting!) that I'm not looking forward to!

Advertisement