Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

In the coombe since yesterday. Hoping they let me out today or that's goodbye to my holiday. Listening to women in labour is not fun lol

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

In the coombe since yesterday. Hoping they let me out today or that's goodbye to my holiday. Listening to women in labour is not fun lol

Hope you're ok irishgirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hope you are ok irishgirl sending hugs your way !

Thanks guys. Had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday morning. All is good though! Got the anti d yesterday and was expecting to be let out this morning when the doc said I needed steroid injection so I got one today and was let out but I have to get another one in another 24hrs. So I can't go away :( flight was meant to be at half 8 tonight.
    With the cost of changing the flight and booking new transfers we're not gonna bother. Very disappointed but better safe than sorry

Thats a shame about your holiday but glad all is ok which is whats important hun. Take care x

• Advertisement

Thanks it is a pity but if I went without the injection I would've just been worried

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Oh God Irishgirl, ye poor thing. I'm sure you were looking forward to the hols. But as you said yourself you probs could't relax with out the injection one way or the other. Hope all ok.

Cheers chakademus. Ah I'm a a bit disappointed but oh well. My bf's brother took my place on the flight and flew over today. My bf is going to follow him over tomorrow so at least its not wasted. I'm not bothered at this stage because to fly out a day later would cost way too much for both of us. I think I'll get a 3d scan tomorrow to cheer myself up:)
    I got a scan today and the baby's head was right down,apparently she's 2lb4 now according to the scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Thanks guys. Had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday morning. All is good though! Got the anti d yesterday and was expecting to be let out this morning when the doc said I needed steroid injection so I got one today and was let out but I have to get another one in another 24hrs. So I can't go away :( flight was meant to be at half 8 tonight.
    With the cost of changing the flight and booking new transfers we're not gonna bother. Very disappointed but better safe than sorry

Oh my! What a pity :-( but surely better to be safe than sorry! I doubt you'd be able to enjoy it at this stage... At least it's not wasted as per what you wrote!

3d scan as a consolation prize? I like the way you're thinking ;-) I am considering doing one too but not sure yet if I will or not.

Hoping to start yoga classes next week, fingers crossed i stick to my plan!

Well done ladies on starting on your hospital bag! I am hoping to get that done by mid June (both the bag and the nursery), will try a bit earlier if I have the time!

Surprisingly, having lots of fun in Northern Ireland and the weather is not too bad! So far our only "souvenir" is a nappy bag - that baby is taking over our lives already LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Ah goodness, I just typed up such a long reply to irishgirl and the rest of you and it seems to not have saved?!

• Advertisement

emka1984 wrote:
    Oh my! What a pity :-( but surely better to be safe than sorry! I doubt you'd be able to enjoy it at this stage... At least it's not wasted as per what you wrote!

emka1984 wrote:
    3d scan as a consolation prize? I like the way you're thinking ;-) I am considering doing one too but not sure yet if I will or not.

Yeah emka u are right I'll be better safe than sorry and I'm not too put out now.
    Glad u are having fun in northern Ireland :) I may go to Wexford or somewhere close to home if I can get the time off work.
    Best of luck with the yoga!
    The 3d scan went well but to be honest it was very very rushed. It cost 180 so wasn't too impressed (but the face pics were good). We got a DVD of the whole scan and it was only 18 mins. That included times when she scanned me and sent me back out because the baby wasn't in a good position. We only got headshots too none of the full body.
    I'm sorry I didn't go to ultrasound dimensions in blackrock who I went to for a gender scan and found them great.
    But I got one or 2 pics of her face which are great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Sorry you weren't able to go on holidays irishgirl19! :(

My OH was reading the pregnancy for dads book I got him and it said something about a present for the midwife, is that a done thing??

Also I saw in the June thread they are talking about waxes?? Is that something people do? I really don't think I could be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Dobbit wrote: »
    Sorry you weren't able to go on holidays irishgirl19! :(

My OH was reading the pregnancy for dads book I got him and it said something about a present for the midwife, is that a done thing??

Also I saw in the June thread they are talking about waxes?? Is that something people do? I really don't think I could be bothered.

The waxing is an individual choice. I get waxed regularly anyway so i would feel weird not getting it done near to my due date.
    Got it done the other day in anticipation of my June due date...and because it needed to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Skittlespink

Hi Dobbit,

I didnt get a present for the midwife as such but dropped in a thank you card and a box of chocolates to the hospital about a week later. If id thought of it sooner it might have been nice to give them the choccies as I left. So maybe thats something to have on standby!

As for the waxing...not for me.. did get a pedicure a few days before and shaved my legs and that was about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

WittyName1 wrote: »
    The waxing is an individual choice. I get waxed regularly anyway so i would feel weird not getting it done near to my due date.
    Got it done the other day in anticipation of my June due date...and because it needed to be done.

I hate it generally so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be at 36 or so weeks! Just wondering if that's the done thing now and midwives expect us to show up waxed and ready to go?!

Dobbit wrote: »
    I hate it generally so I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be at 36 or so weeks! Just wondering if that's the done thing now and midwives expect us to show up waxed and ready to go?!

Nah I doubt it. I'm sure they see all sorts during a days work. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi ladies! Back from my holiday and already feels like it was a lifetime ago. It was great getting away with the OH from everything for a week.

Dobbit I think the midwife present is very much an American thing, I dont think it is done here at all especially since you could have more than one midwife for the duration of your care. As for waxes I still head every three weeks for mine, it is a pain I dont have the luxury of forgoing even in pregnancy as I am still swimming etc. I will probably keep this up.

That really sucks about your holidays irishgirl! Glad you got a 3D scan - although I would have thought it would have been a bit longer. Did you ring them about it at all?

Emka1984 I am doing Yogalates (probably spelled wrong) once a week. I only started it a few weeks ago and am enjoying it so far. How was your yoga class? How was the rest of your trip to NI? I am from NI so I am a bit biased when I say it is my favorite part of Ireland lol.

Hi all ! Just getting my glucose test done and have first set of bloods taken and drank the dreaded drink !! But you know what it was fine completely different this time round it was cold and had an orange flavour ! Grand not a bother ! Last time it was like drinking a warm carton of cod liver oil ! Disgusting ! So for any of you ladies who are dreading it , dont !!! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

No they don't expect you to show up waxed at all. At our antenatal class we were told not to attempt any grooming beforehand, it's not expected or necessary, but they particularly don't want people trying to shave or wax themselves, as you might break the skin and make it very easy for infection to get in.

If it makes anyone feel any better I was admitted suddenly at 36 weeks, and kept there til delivery at 37 weeks. I shaved my legs and painted my toenails at 36+2 in there because A. it gave me something to do and B. it made me feel that no matter what happened/what hideous unprepared lack of grooming they saw they'd realise that I did make some effort :P I had an emergency section and the midwife shaved a tiny patch along the top to for the incision, and I had all sorts of theatre staff and midwives doing aftercare looking at my non-groomed self, I didn't care and they sure as hell didn't care.

Sitting in my chair in work today and it's super uncomfortable. It's like my tail bone hurts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Sitting in my chair in work today and it's super uncomfortable. It's like my tail bone hurts!

I bought a lumber support from Dunnes for €3. It really helps me at work.

It might help you too Ms Tootsie.

Thanks Cowlove!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I was told to bring lucozade for mine, coming up on Friday. Must be a cost cutting thing in my hospital!:D

That's a pity about your holiday Irishgirl, better to be safe than sorry though.

And as for waxing, forget it! Too painful normally and my skin is definitely a bit more sensitive at the minute. I'm finding that if one of the dogs scratches or jumps on my leg it bruises far more easily than before I was pregnant.

Hi all went back to hospital yesterday for my 28 week app and was hoping to meet the consultant but he was out ! Anyway my diabetes test came back negative great news ! But im measuring 33 weeks my baby is now 4.5 lb already and i may have to get steroid injections in case i go into pre term labour ! I knew i was having a big buster again ( my little boy was 10lb ) sooo they are going to ring me today to call me back when consultant can take a look at me and see what he decides !
    Im getting a lot of braxton hicks which is why they were concerned yesterday and i carry a huge amount of fluid always have , im not too worried but when i was leaving nurse said get your bag ready hun and practice your breathing!!! So i will be back with an update! Think ill just have to chill a bit more !

Great news on the negative GD catchery. wow measuring 5 weeks ahead that is mad, good to know so at least they can plan in case you do need steroid injections. Scary to be told to get your bag ready!!

Thanks Ms Tootsie ! Want this baby to stay inside as long as possible so lets hope it will !

Hi catchery. Did u get another scan? I got 2 steroid injections last week so at least once you get them it will give u a little peace of mind. You'll be full of energy after though :)
    Well better the baby be too big than too small I say.
    On my hospital scan last week said baby was measuring 2lb4 that was at 26 weeks I'm 27+5 now.
    Hope you're not too worried x

Hi Irishgirl thanks so much ! Im grand i did have another scan and baby is twice the size it should be for this stage but as i said i knew we were having a big baby , i carry tons of water i know myself ill be massive by the end. Im finished in work now and i just have to take it easy . The hospital rang and said they are holding off with the steroid unless i feel funny and get loads of braxton hicks and pain and to come straight in if i do ! So thats a relief and im due to meet consultant again in two weeks so thats fine with me ! Hope you are well and taking it easy hun ! Really sorry bout your hols !

Ah that's very good at least they are going to be keeping a close eye on you now.
    I haven't had any braxton hicks yet myself although u probably wouldn't recognise them if I got them.
    Hopefully you can take it easy now that you're finished up in work.
    Don't worry about the hols I eventually got over it. I'm just on countdown now to maternity leave. Hoping to finish up the end of July. Finally got my arse in gear and filled out the form today. I've to send it off to the hr department in work who are based in the UK so hoping they have it returned in time for my next doctors visit on the 3rd. They have a habit of losing these forms ha

• Advertisement

Ah that's very good at least they are going to be keeping a close eye on you now.
    I haven't had any braxton hicks yet myself although u probably wouldn't recognise them if I got them.
    Hopefully you can take it easy now that you're finished up in work.
    Don't worry about the hols I eventually got over it. I'm just on countdown now to maternity leave. Hoping to finish up the end of July. Finally got my arse in gear and filled out the form today. I've to send it off to the hr department in work who are based in the UK so hoping they have it returned in time for my next doctors visit on the 3rd. They have a habit of losing these forms ha

Your hr department might require your gp to fill in their part first. The company I work in insisted on this, as they needed the doctor to confirm my due date on the form so that they knew I was finishing up work within the regulations.

Advertisement