Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    What a nightmare Dobbit!!! Sounds like baby is a good healthy size. Wow 36 weeks on Friday! It's scary how quick time has gone. I cant believe we are all in the single digit countdown for weeks and some of us have just over 4 weeks left to D-Day.

I know! my last day in work is two weeks from tomorrow, can't wait to be finished but also worried about being bored.

Did everyone have crazy trouble sleeping last night? THE HEAT! Unbearable in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Yeah I couldn't sleep at all. Tossing and turning all night with the heat, even with the windows wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Sleep? What's that?! I have bad hayfever so the windows cant be open. Our room was like a sauna. Only a sheet and being butt naked didnt help. I kept getting up and walking down to the kitchen on the cool tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Sleeping when it does happen is mad cos you take so long to try get comfy and then you need the toilet ! My little boy is sick the last two days and he woke up this morning came into me and threw up all over me and bump and bed then again in a rush to the toilet ! My husband was gone to work. So i have spent the morning cleaning again !

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Sleep? What's that?! I have bad hayfever so the windows cant be open. Our room was like a sauna. Only a sheet and being butt naked didnt help. I kept getting up and walking down to the kitchen on the cool tiles.

I have terrible hayfever too! I miss my tablets :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Well, it's 35 degrees here in Brussels and I can barely breathe. I normally count all the way to my 8 glasses of water but I think I've drunk about 3 litre of ice-cold water just to keep cool! Ankles keep disappearing so it's feet up as much as possible, although I went into an air-conditioned shop this morning and had to force myself to leave after 20 minutes of loitering.

Oh my macha we shouldnt complain at all ! Hang on in there !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

No no, complain away, it's all relative! I've been acclimatised to mid 20s for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Dobbit wrote: »
    Did everyone have crazy trouble sleeping last night? THE HEAT! Unbearable in my house.

Same here, I was going mad! And hayfever here, too! But we'll make it Ladies! At the end of the day, I prefer the warm sunny days than the gloomy rainy ones! :)

Fun hospital appointment this morning, I made a comment about baby seeming very big and the student doctor who was examining me decided that yes it did look very big and I should go for a second scan in case I have gestational diabetes! 2 hours later turns out baby is within normal size parameters at 6lbs 5 so far (36 weeks on Friday), not going to be tiny but nothing to worry about.

What a waste of time!

I am having my next appointment on the 7th and would really love to know the rough size of the baby - do you think they'll tell me if I ask?

34 weeks tomorrow, eek! Yes, it's mad that we're on single digit weeks to go now! So exciting but so scary at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

emka1984 wrote:
    I am having my next appointment on the 7th and would really love to know the rough size of the baby - do you think they'll tell me if I ask?

I had an appt last week and they measured without me asking. Turns out baby is measuring two weeks ahead so they sent me for glucose test, which was negative so am hoping that this will be over sooner Rather than later. Anyways, if they don't do it automatically I'd say just ask, worst they can say is they can't do it. Good luck :-)

I asked today and doc didn't tell me a weight just said shouldn't be over 8lbs on delivery.
    Oh macha I don't know how you are coping in the heat I know im sick of it at this stage and its not half as bad as were you are. Doc said my urine showed dehydrated too so I'll have to keep drinking more water.
    I'm not booked in with her again until 38 weeks and the receptionist told me it will probably be another doctor as my doc might be on holidays. I was hoping to get a sweep done ,would've preferred the doc I was seeing but I suppose I will probably see her after 38 weeks before baby comes hopefully

Hi ladies hope someone somewhere got some sleep ! The heat and toilet trips are the worst towards the end ! But thats it we are all heading towards the end and as this is defo my last pregnancy ( too old ) i am going to enjoy my bump!
    I am reading 5 weeks ahead in weight and baby is reading 7lb12 at this weeks app i have 5 weeks left. It is really an estimate, they are only guessing. Sometimes they get it wrong ! On my first they thought 10lb baby but baby was 9.3 on second 9lb but baby was 10lb ? This baby's cheeks are so chubby already in scan i dont think baby will be small but then i wont know till the birth ! As long as you feel kicks and movement and they are happy with you at app dont worry. Doing glucose tests is just double checking which is annoying but at least they are making sure all is ok thats their job !

emka1984 wrote: »
    What a waste of time!

34 weeks tomorrow, eek! Yes, it's mad that we're on single digit weeks to go now! So exciting but so scary at the same time!

Depends on the hospital, in Holles Street the little scanners they have in the clinic don't tell them enough to allow them to guess so I had to go up to fetal assessment where I had my 20 week scan for them to get a better reading but I got the feeling they don't do that often...

Depends on the hospital, in Holles Street the little scanners they have in the clinic don't tell them enough to allow them to guess so I had to go up to fetal assessment where I had my 20 week scan for them to get a better reading but I got the feeling they don't do that often...

Thanks Dobbit that's what I thought, I am in Holles street and I've heard they're not too keen on the measuring there due to the reasons you outlined above :-)

emka1984 wrote: »
    Thanks Dobbit that's what I thought, I am in Holles street and I've heard they're not too keen on the measuring there due to the reasons you outlined above :-)

It's pretty annoying isn't it? Esp when you hear people in the coombe or wherever who have decent estimates of birth weight in advance. I thought Holles Street would have been better in this regard. The other day the doctor barely said a word (outside of his little diabetes detour) so I had to actually ask if the head was still down, you should be telling me that from the outset mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I've an appointment next week and all along they've said I'm spot on estimate wise, but I've a scan the week after so hope to get an approximate weight. I'm attending Drogheda OLOL where I've been getting a few extra bits and pieces due to my age, so happy enough getting a late scan.

One of my boobs has started leaking. The joys of it

Oh my! It's getting real!

emka1984 wrote:
    Oh my! It's getting real!

I know I have 6 weeks left from today until my due date its getting very surreal. Can't wait to finish work I'm supposed to be in here until the 29th

• Advertisement

I know I have 6 weeks left from today until my due date its getting very surreal. Can't wait to finish work I'm supposed to be in here until the 29th

I had 6 weeks to go on Thursday! :-) and working till the 31st of July, but working only four day weeks from now on, no more Mondays in the office, woohoo!

Me too I've taken every Friday off instead though. I'm working this weekend but it is my last weekend that I'll be working . I'm getting so tired now though I hope I stick it out. How are you feeling?

Me too I've taken every Friday off instead though. I'm working this weekend but it is my last weekend that I'll be working . I'm getting so tired now though I hope I stick it out. How are you feeling?

A bit tired as I don't sleep great recently, but other than that quite fine... everyone keeps telling me how neat my belly is and I guess I'm blessed with it cause I can't imagine walking around with a bigger one lol.

My right ankle is swelling a lot now but so far it's not painful or anything so hopefully it's not too bad...

Getting really excited about the baby coming now, but I also need to work better on my prep - bag is still to be packed etc. Hopefully in the coming days I'll get that sorted!

How are you?

I'm grand I had a customer screaming at me there over the phone and I felt like just packing it in. It would normally be like water off a ducks back but lately i notice im getting upset over silly things. Only thing is I know I couldn't afford to go this early from work so I need to stick it out so ill get a full months pay at the end of the month.
    I am getting really excited about meeting the baby too but at the same time I'm getting really nervous about the birth. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle the pain and will just panic

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi girls, I finished work yesterday. It's hard to believe. My official maternity leave date was 17July but I am taking two weeks before it. It will be great now to be off and get the last few bits done!

It is getting very real now!!

That's great cowlove at least u have time to relax now before the new arrival

Lucky you! I started that at 22 weeks!

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls, I finished work yesterday. It's hard to believe. My official maternity leave date was 17July but I am taking two weeks before it. It will be great now to be off and get the last few bits done!

Congrats! My last day is the 16th and it can't come quick enough! My bump is so big it's ridiculous, can't see myself making it to my due date.

cowlove wrote: »

Jealous! :-) but hey, 4 weeks of work to go here and it's not too bad I guess... at least the heat is giving us a break :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Urgh I am jealous of all your girls! I still have 5 weeks left in work. I dont finish up until Aug 14.

Advertisement