Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

U finish the day before my due date tootsie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

And a day after mine ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Good morning ladies hope everyone is hanging in there. I am having period like cramping in the night and morning last few days everything is starting to get ready! Starving one minute and cant eat the next, major cranky mood yesterday but not too bad today. Oh hormones! Im 35+5 so not too long now. I still have to pack my bag i have everything washed and ironed for baby and me and got last few bits like nipple cream and pads yesterday. All ready just need to put them into bag. Cannot believe we are all nearly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

catchery wrote: »
    Good morning ladies hope everyone is hanging in there. I am having period like cramping in the night and morning last few days everything is starting to get ready! Starving one minute and cant eat the next, major cranky mood yesterday but not too bad today. Oh hormones! Im 35+5 so not too long now. I still have to pack my bag i have everything washed and ironed for baby and me and got last few bits like nipple cream and pads yesterday. All ready just need to put them into bag. Cannot believe we are all nearly there!

I'm having a lot of random cramps as well, definitely feels like everything is gearing up for the big event. Bump appears to be a little lower this week so here's hoping I go soon, only 3 days til term!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dobbit wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of random cramps as well, definitely feels like everything is gearing up for the big event. Bump appears to be a little lower this week so here's hoping I go soon, only 3 days til term!

3 days? Do you mean 3 weeks? I hope so because I'm totally sick of being pregnant and misery loves company :pac:

No energy, no motivation to wrap up things at work. It's the same feeling I used to get when I had 15 minutes to go in a 3 hour exam and I just didn't have the energy to keep going. Getting loads of braxton hicks contractions now.

I'm 36 weeks today and I just can't believe I have another 28 days of this (at least) to go..

• Advertisement

Macha wrote: »
    3 days? Do you mean 3 weeks? I hope so because I'm totally sick of being pregnant and misery loves company :pac:

No energy, no motivation to wrap up things at work. It's the same feeling I used to get when I had 15 minutes to go in a 3 hour exam and I just didn't have the energy to keep going. Getting loads of braxton hicks contractions now.

I'm 36 weeks today and I just can't believe I have another 28 days of this (at least) to go..

37 weeks on Friday, sorry Macha! I feel your pain though, so over being pregnant and fat and uncomfortable. I bought an exercise ball because I read that it can help move things along. My manager just came over to me and told me to just go home, I must look like I'm struggling!

Lol still 5 weeks to go here! But totally agree on lack of motivation ;-) 3,5 weeks left in work and each day just seems longer, grrr!

Seriously hoping to finally pack that bag this weekend - hoping to do the washing tomorrow and Friday. I was meant to do it on Monday but the weather got in my way! My goodness I'll find any excuse! And I promised to myself to be packed by the end of June... hmm...

Feeling quite fine here, however, and hope it stays like this as long as possible! Especially now, with less heat, I'm even getting some decent sleep!

Hope everyone else is relatively fine too! We don't have much to go - let's be strong!

BTW, was in the hospital yesterday and it was so busy that some of the women waiting had to stand in the corridor! I do hope the situation is better when we arrive there in labour! I don't fancy giving birth in the corridor LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

emka1984 wrote: »
    BTW, was in the hospital yesterday and it was so busy that some of the women waiting had to stand in the corridor! I do hope the situation is better when we arrive there in labour! I don't fancy giving birth in the corridor LOL

I was in the hospital as well, and one thing I did notice was that a lot of the women had kids with them, (now that school has finished up) who were also taking up seats while pregnant women were standing. There was one in particular beside me who was on the verge of throwing a strop because he wasn't getting his own way, he wouldn't sit on his mothers lap, he wanted to sit on his own seat but there weren't any and ended up sitting sulking in the middle of the corridor in everyones way. One woman came out of the midwives room to find a kid had taken her seat and the mother did nothing to move the child out of the seat, basically ignoring the woman who was left standing! It's understandable having to bring your kids with you but the pregnant women really should take priority. I'd be mortified if I left a pregnant woman standing because my kid wanted their own seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

37 weeks on Friday, sorry Macha! I feel your pain though, so over being pregnant and fat and uncomfortable. I bought an exercise ball because I read that it can help move things along. My manager just came over to me and told me to just go home, I must look like I'm struggling!

Just thought I'd jump in here from the June 2015 thread and I had my baby at 37 weeks... So anything can happen really ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Yikes Alirog. I hope I don't have my baby too early. I'll only be finishing up work at 38 weeks and would like a break so I can get a few bits done and what not.
    Although in saying that I will probably be so fed up of waiting at that stage!

That's terrible about the kids taking up the seats at the hospital. I know what my mam would've said to be had that been me as a kid lol

My next appointment isn't til Tuesday coming. I've noticed it's been getting busier and busier in there.

Also @Borderline it's shocking how selfish people are in maternity hospitals of all places. I've given plenty of dads to be the evil eye in Holles street. My OH has come to none of my appointments with me, sure it's pointless him being there! He'd be another useless plum like the rest of them who go every single week.

Allirog wrote: »
    Just thought I'd jump in here from the June 2015 thread and I had my baby at 37 weeks... So anything can happen really ;)

Don't be getting my hopes up! lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Sure I'll jump in too :) I had SO many plans for things to keep me busy when I inevitably went over (was due April 28th), I had plans right into early May. I went to my 36 week appointment on March 30th, was admitted, and baby was born at 36+6. Anything can happen!

Yikes Alirog. I hope I don't have my baby too early. I'll only be finishing up work at 38 weeks and would like a break so I can get a few bits done and what not.
    Although in saying that I will probably be so fed up of waiting at that stage!

That's terrible about the kids taking up the seats at the hospital. I know what my mam would've said to be had that been me as a kid lol

Admittedly my pregnancy got complicated and my girl was served her eviction papers :D

Don't be getting my hopes up! lol :p

I'm sorry!! :p I'm being a meany pants to you now :D

Oh noooooo! I don't wanna go early! I'm only finishing work in week 38 too, and I'd like at least a week to myself! Week 39 is fine with me! ;-) if only we could plan it like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Jumping in here, my first was born at 37 weeks, no health issues, completely spontaneous waters breaking and labour, all done within 13 hours. I went 2 weeks over on my second, as in she arrived at 39 weeks is it felt like over to me!

Plan to be ready at 37 weeks, you just never know

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I was thinking wow you guys are getting cramps and now this morning I am getting very bad cramps and need to go to the loo.

We were supposed to be going to the in laws (3hr drive away) but are going to stay put.

I wonder if this is the start of things...

37weeks :eek:

cowlove wrote: »
    I was thinking wow you guys are getting cramps and now this morning I am getting very bad cramps and need to go to the loo.

We were supposed to be going to the in laws (3hr drive away) but are going to stay put.

I wonder if this is the start of things...

37weeks :eek:

Could be cowlove or could take weeks ! Didnt mean to freak anyone out but its just everything getting ready for the final stretch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Could be cowlove or could take weeks ! Didnt mean to freak anyone out but its just everything getting ready for the final stretch!

Yeah my pains have gone again but I can't help feel the time is near.

It did no harm today as I packed bag and put car seat in car so we are a little bit more prepared now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Oh, I need more time too. Still a week in work plus a prenatal class. Hospital bag still isn't packed, no bin for the nappies & a few other bits like that to get.

Meanwhile, my dear partner seems to think that cooking dinner every now and then and doing some food shopping means he's doing his fair share...oh well.

Meanwhile, my dear partner seems to think that cooking dinner every now and then and doing some food shopping means he's doing his fair share...oh well.

Ah bless, they've really no idea have they. To be fair my OH has been pretty good but he has his moments definitely!

Spent the weekend exhausted tired and uncomfortable but it was all my own doing. Went shopping for hospital bag stuff on Friday evening when I should have been putting my feet up, then overdid it with housework on Saturday afternoon in the knowledge that I was going to Fleetwood Mac on Saturday night but I though we had seats as the tickets came from husbands sister rather than buying them myself. Turns out we were standing so my back started to hurt about halfway through so moved to the back and leaned against a pillar and eventually sat down the very back on the floor when even that got too much. Then had to change the bedlinen when we got home and at 5am baby decided it was time to wake me up twisting and turning and there's now a limb digging into my side that's really uncomfortable, and it really digs in when I bend down or even try and turn over in the bed. :o 6 more weeks before eviction!!

Your husband's sister bought standing tickets for you for a concert knowing you are 34 weeks pregnant?! I hope you enjoyed it in some way anyway, I heard it was brilliant, was very jealous of anyone who got to go!

I thought my bump had dropped a little but apparently it was all in my mind!

Your husband's sister bought standing tickets for you for a concert knowing you are 34 weeks pregnant?! I hope you enjoyed it in some way anyway, I heard it was brilliant, was very jealous of anyone who got to go!

I thought my bump had dropped a little but apparently it was all in my mind!

No, she originally bought them for her and her husband but he couldn't change holidays in work so they headed away instead. I should have checked myself but having been to Fleetwood Mac 2 years ago in the same place where it was mainly seated I assumed it was the same, my bad! I wouldn't have over exerted myself during the day on Saturday had I known, but I assumed I'd be sitting down for the evening!

Oh, I need more time too. Still a week in work plus a prenatal class. Hospital bag still isn't packed, no bin for the nappies & a few other bits like that to get.

Bin for the nappies - that reminds me! What are you Ladies getting?!

Bin for the nappies - that reminds me! What are you Ladies getting?!

In the end we found a small one (almost like a counter-top bin) with a lid that's easy to open. I reckon a smaller one is better because it's not like you want to leave a big pile of nappies there for ages.

I have heard the custom-made nappy bins are considered a bit of a waste of money by some. I suppose just one that's the right size and easy to open is the trick.

borderlinemeath - that sounds utterly exhausting. I cooked lunch for friends on the weekend and was so tired by the time they arrived, I wasn't even good company. Fell asleep for a few hours as soon as they left.

No, she originally bought them for her and her husband but he couldn't change holidays in work so they headed away instead. I should have checked myself but having been to Fleetwood Mac 2 years ago in the same place where it was mainly seated I assumed it was the same, my bad! I wouldn't have over exerted myself during the day on Saturday had I known, but I assumed I'd be sitting down for the evening!

Oh grand, I was a bit confused!

@macha & irishgirl I bought this one from IKEA, figured the pedal would make life a bit easier. http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/90253352/

Does anyone know much about inductions and timing? I know the policy is 2 weeks in Holles Street but do hospitals normally move things up depending on circumstances? Like if baby was measuring big but me and it generally healthy otherwise?

• Advertisement

Hi Dobbit i was induced on my second went 14 days over but i know people who were induced on the 39-40th week so just depends on you and how you are really. I wanted a completely natural birth so tried everything to get things started myself but had to give in at the end. But could have gone earlier if i wanted to. Going over by 2 weeks is probably the longest they will allow. Gel was applied only once but they had to break my waters after 24 hours but all happened really fast after that. Big 10lb baby.

Advertisement