Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Beat of luck cowlove :-) very exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls, my waters broke on Monday and I am being induced today 😊 I thought I might go naturally yesterday but baby is staying put. I was really scared about being induced but spoke to a lovely midwife yesterday and I feel more positive about it today 😊

38 weeks 😊

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Hi girls, my waters broke on Monday and I am being induced today 😊 I thought I might go naturally yesterday but baby is staying put. I was really scared about being induced but spoke to a lovely midwife yesterday and I feel more positive about it today 😊

38 weeks 😊

It must seem scary but you will have your baby with you so soon! Best of luck, I'm really excited for you! First of the August babies is almost here!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

The very best of luck cowlove your baby will be here soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

hi cow love.
    I'm in the same boat . waters went yesterday. I'm being induced tonight. I really wanted to go into labour myself but nothing happening. I'm a bit nervous of induction too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Wishing you the best of luck cowlove! It's exciting!

Carraig77 wrote: »
    hi cow love.
    I'm in the same boat . waters went yesterday. I'm being induced tonight. I really wanted to go into labour myself but nothing happening. I'm a bit nervous of induction too.

The very best of luck to you carraig77 !

catchery wrote: »
    The very best of luck to you carraig77 !

thanks.
    bouncing on my ball and walking the corridors but no progress. I never thought I'd be hoping for contractions.

Oh I missed that! Goodluck Carraig. Hopefully we will have some baby news here soon!

God it makes me feel like my pregnancy is never ending! I am only 35 weeks and DD is the very end of Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Good luck Cowlove and Carraig, hope the inductions go smoothly! My friend had an induction on her baby born in the spring and no forceps needed :)

• Advertisement

Just to say ladies i had an induction and no intervention after my waters were broken! Just do your breathing, keep calm, laugh ( i know but try) and listen to your midwife x the very best of luck again to you both cowlove and carraig x

Good luck carraig!

Busy day today ladies im being brought in for an overnight on steroids see what happens tomorrow ! Carrying loads of water and baby is measuring nearly 10lb already im 37+5 ! Here we go x

Can't wait now for all the baby updates

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Well girls I have a beautiful baby in my arms. So in love. I was induced at 12 and had baby at 6.30pm. Very quick.

Best of luck carraig! I was the same walking corridors and bouncing yesterday trying to go naturally but it wasn't meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Catchery, hope all goes well with you and baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Congrats cowlove

Aww congrats cowlove. Hope u and baby are both well

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Cowlove.... huge congrats. x

Well girls I have a beautiful baby in my arms. So in love. I was induced at 12 and had baby at 6.30pm. Very quick.

Best of luck carraig! I was the same walking corridors and bouncing yesterday trying to go naturally but it wasn't meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Catchery, hope all goes well with you and baby!

Congratulations! :-) hope you're both fine but if you're writing here then I presume you mist be! :-) sounds like it went really fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Congratulations Cowlove! That was nice and quick!

• Advertisement

Congratulations cowlove its all over you now ! Well done to you mammy xxx so much love it is so hard to explain isnt it just wonderful enjoy every second xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats Cowlove!

congrats cowlove.
    similar story here. induced at 6. baby at 12.39. All ok thank god.

Brilliant news Carriag Congratulations all over ! All the love to you and new baby xxx

congrats cowlove.
    similar story here. induced at 6. baby at 12.39. All ok thank god.

Oh wow! Congratulations! :-) our august babies are coming early ! Great to hear all is going so well and quick so far!

Carraig77 wrote:
    congrats cowlove. similar story here. induced at 6. baby at 12.39. All ok thank god.

Congrats!

Congrats cowlove and carraig! Delighted to hear you both are doing well along with the new little arrivals, brilliant news.

Actually 2 questions come to my mind now, maybe you can enlighten my baby brain :-)

1. Providing the labour goes fine, can you still be released quickly enough from the hospital, or does the induction and earlier labour mean that mom and baby need to stay in the hospital longer?

2. In my case, and I suppose it might be similar in the case of our new mammies :-), my maternity leave is only officially starting in August. If they do induce me next week and the baby is born sooner than the mat leave starts, will I need to advise the dept of social protection about the earlier birth? And will that mean that my mat leave will start, and therefore ultimately also finish, sooner?

emka
    hospitals will generally let u out when ever u dictate.
    I'm going home tomorrow. I could have gone home today but I wanted to get breastfeeding feeding established and I didn't get much sleep last night so I was happier to stay.
    I found that the nurses left it up to me.

I don't know re earlier start of mat leave. If u ring the maternity dept of social welfare I found them v helpful re dates etc.

hope that helps. best of luck.

• Advertisement

emka
    hospitals will generally let u out when ever u dictate.
    I'm going home tomorrow. I could have gone home today but I wanted to get breastfeeding feeding established and I didn't get much sleep last night so I was happier to stay.
    I found that the nurses left it up to me.

I don't know re earlier start of mat leave. If u ring the maternity dept of social welfare I found them v helpful re dates etc.

hope that helps. best of luck.

Thanks hun. I thought so but I wanted to hear others' opinion on the matter also :-)

Best of luck with everything!

Advertisement