Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats Carraig!!

Any news for you yet Catchery?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hi ladies great to hear both our first mammies and babies are doing so well !
    Im heading for a c-section first thing in the morning ! Got my steroid injections yesterday and this morning. Ill be 38 weeks tomorrow im quite nervous but safest option for me and babs so thats it ! Will post as soon as i can tomorrow sleep well everyone xxx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Best of luck to you catchery. Hope it all goes swimmingly.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Good luck catchery. Can't believe all the babies are coming at once. I still have 3 weeks left

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

best of luck catchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Best of luck catchery!

Good luck catchery. Can't believe all the babies are coming at once. I still have 3 weeks left

I guess a lot of us still have a while to go, but those babies are just impatient and want to come out! :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

emka1984 wrote: »
    I guess a lot of us still have a while to go, but those babies are just impatient and want to come out! :-)
    Oh I wish... I'm 38 weeks and have been told my baby hasn't dropped and I'l probably go over my due date :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Macha wrote:
    Oh I wish... I'm 38 weeks and have been told my baby hasn't dropped and I'l probably go over my due date

I have three weeks left to go, only nearly cried when I realised it could be up to five if I go over. I don't mind the heat, swelling, taking three times as long to do anything but the amount of straps and bandages holding me together the thoughts of this pain going on much longer is upsetting. I know I shouldn't be giving out as all indications are that the baby is healthy but I'm ready to serve an eviction notice now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Macha wrote: »
    Oh I wish... I'm 38 weeks and have been told my baby hasn't dropped and I'l probably go over my due date :(

My friend was told that and went into labour 2 days later :)

VandC wrote: »
    I have three weeks left to go, only nearly cried when I realised it could be up to five if I go over. I don't mind the heat, swelling, taking three times as long to do anything but the amount of straps and bandages holding me together the thoughts of this pain going on much longer is upsetting. I know I shouldn't be giving out as all indications are that the baby is healthy but I'm ready to serve an eviction notice now!!
    Oh sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I'm also feeling my pelvis is under quite a bit of pressure. When I first get up it's quite sore and even then just walking is quite sore. Plus the weight of the bump is forcing me to curve my lower back so I've got pain there too! I can't wait to be able to get back on my bike, walk down the street in less pain, go to the gym, anything!
    My friend was told that and went into labour 2 days later :)
    You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that.

Last day of work today. Officially not starting maternity until next Friday but using holidays for next week. I'll probably be bored now

I cannot be held responsible if you do go over :) But yeah, she was told baby wasn't even nearly engaged and it would be weeks yet, 2 days later her waters broke and he descended into position super quick, at 39 weeks.

Beautiful Baby boy 9lb 6oz !! Completely in love here ! All went well just had to wait emergency's before us. Absolutely thrilled he is here and healthy xxx

Last day of work today. Officially not starting maternity until next Friday but using holidays for next week. I'll probably be bored now

Enjoy! :-)

VandC wrote: »

VandC and Macha - that sounds really awful! But think that there's a lovely reward waiting for you at the end of that journey! :-) it'll be all forgotten and worth it!

catchery wrote: »
    Beautiful Baby boy 9lb 6oz !! Completely in love here ! All went well just had to wait emergency's before us. Absolutely thrilled he is here and healthy xxx

Congratulations! So happy to hear all went well!

catchery wrote:

Congrats delighted all went well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I took two weeks holidays before my official due date started on the 17th July. I am glad I did now as waters broke on Monday and had baby on Wednesday.

I am glad I had those weeks off now.

You never know when baby will appear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Yey!! Congrats.

Congrats Catchery!

Had my 40 week appt today (due on Friday), baby looking comfy as is.

I wonder if I'll be offered a sweep at my next appointment (40+4) anyone know what the deal is with Holles Street?

Well today is my due date and I'm sitting around with zero pains whatsoever. Had a little false alarm the other day but it went as quickly as it came.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer Dobbit. I seen my doc the other day she said she will give me a sweep on my next appointment I'll be exactly 40 wks then.
    They probably will offer a sweep at next appointment and if not just ask for one

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer Dobbit. I seen my doc the other day she said she will give me a sweep on my next appointment I'll be exactly 40 wks then.
    They probably will offer a sweep at next appointment and if not just ask for one

I think I will, I want to have this baby sooooon! How much longer til your next appointment?

Dobbit wrote:
    I think I will, I want to have this baby sooooon! How much longer til your next appointment?

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow I'm in with the hospital at 39+2 and back with my own doc on my due date

Dobbit wrote: »
    Well today is my due date and I'm sitting around with zero pains whatsoever. Had a little false alarm the other day but it went as quickly as it came.

Hopefully the baba won't keep you waiting too long now! :-)

38+1 here today, they decided not to induce me last Tuesday, next visit next Tuesday and we'll see what they decide then!

Finally my last day in work today, can't wait for the shift to be over and finally to properly relax! I'm halfway there! ;-)

• Advertisement

Dobbit wrote: »
    Well today is my due date and I'm sitting around with zero pains whatsoever.

Estimated due date :)

Advertisement