Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie (RTE1 Charlie Haughey Drama)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Finding it hard to take Risteard Cooper seriously in this yoke as well... when I see him playing Derek Nally, all I see is this guy with glasses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How did Charlie's army bully (aka the peaceful pipe bomber) turn into a (failing) property mogul?

Don't know, but I bet this ends with him shooting PJ in the back

How did Charlie's army bully (aka the peaceful pipe bomber) turn into a (failing) property mogul?

Hi Heidi, yeah I was wondering that too... He got a nice haircut and threw away the combat trousers, and suddenly became a property mogul.... He's a dreadful actor too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Where were Charlie and Terry eating when she rang the bell? Private dining room in a restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi Heidi, yeah I was wondering that too... He got a nice haircut and threw away the combat trousers, and suddenly became a property mogul.... He's a dreadful actor too..

I wonder is he meant to be another "everyman" character like yer man teetering on the jacks last week?

• Advertisement

Ah, they had to shoehorn Des O'Malley and "The National Interest" into it somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where were Charlie and Terry eating when she rang the bell? Private dining room in a restaurant?

Private room in Le Coq Hardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Le Coq Hardi , Pembroke road .

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Finding it hard to take Risteard Cooper seriously in this yoke as well... when I see him playing Derek Nally, all I see is this guy with glasses...

Sorry, I am mixing up people

Oh God, I'm not sure I can watch this presidential debacle again, even through my fingers from behind the couch........

• Advertisement

Oh God, I'm not sure I can watch this presidential debacle again, even through my fingers from behind the couch........

All we need is Pee Flynn telling us how Mary Robinson has suddenly got a new-found interest in her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

We had that cream and brown Telecom Eireann phone at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

That reminds me... Has Pee Flynn featured at all yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

What's the whiskey on his desk? :D

He's turning in to Norman Bates !!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

His shirts look like Dunnes cheapies not £15k as aleged.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's a bit odd that Kohl and Mitterand feature more often than Thatcher (I think we heard her voice once and saw the back of her head another time).

She was one of his main political adversaries, it would have been more interesting to feature some scenes with herself.

The ould "mature recollection".

His shirts look like Dunnes cheapies not £15k as aleged.

Bout 380quid these days.

• Advertisement

I'm killed wondering what house they've used as Abbeville!

Anyone know?

He's a pretty good Dessie O'Malley in fairness.....

And one of the taller of the version 1 Dessie O'Malley's that were released to market...

Nice overlap with The Guarantee where The Party's Interest and Legacy of the Taoiseach is more important than the National Interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I remember that well, it looked for a while like we might have a General Election called during the Presidential Election. Exciting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone know what's replacing this next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it seems strange Charlie's wife and kids have not featured at some point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Certainly the strongest episode- I'm enjoying it.

Anyone know what's replacing this next week?

Albert Reynolds: The TV Series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hitchens wrote: »
    it seems strange Charlie's wife and kids have not featured at some point

that's what they thought at the time too :pac:

• Advertisement

He's a pretty good Dessie O'Malley in fairness.....

And one of the taller of the version 1 Dessie O'Malley's that were released to market...

And there was I thinking that Dessie is the only one who doesn't look anything like the real thing.

Although he has got "the national interest" down to a tee :D

Is Risteard Cooper playing Nally? I'd never, ever, ever have guessed - can't even recognise him now that I know (unless, of course, I've got that wrong.....)

Advertisement