Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie (RTE1 Charlie Haughey Drama)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

The scene in the car with Terry Keane surely wouldn't have happened. Wasn't the affair kept private til she revealed all on the LLS?

Officially But the whole world knew they were at it like bould rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

The scene in the car with Terry Keane surely wouldn't have happened. Wasn't the affair kept private til she revealed all on the LLS?

The dogs in the streets knew about it FFS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

calex71 wrote: »
    Can't get into this , maybe it's my repulsion of the man C.H but also Aiden Gillen and his accent again, like when he was in Love Hate i didn't think of it or it wasn't a thing but in this and game of thrones it really is annoying, don't know what it is about bur just doesn't sound right :confused:

Same here...Too much going on at too fast a pace with no appreciation for who's watching and what kind of background knowledge they have...finding Vaughan lawlor painful to watch, doing that long drawn out word thing in his speech that nidge does, one trick pony, but it's not really a trick, dunno what it is other than annoying as f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

It was common knowledge at the time but no one spoke about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

boardzz wrote: »
    It has got nothing in the slightest to do with Love/Hate

Except using half the actors from it.

RTE have been pushing it hard, and I would say that most viewers are looking at it like the next big budget show not that LH is gone.

Its still sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Timotei! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is timotei still on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm closing my eyes here and it's just not Charlie.....

Hahaha......Hair shampoo indeed......as if he gave a monkeys....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Timotei! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Dying to see Thatcher!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

It is a bit amateur dramatics given the speed of events but it has improved from the first 15 mins. Some dodgy acting though.

Ah bloody hell they're not showing her 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Patrick from love hate!

Is tommy playing any character?

He's playing a sleeping partner

This is terrible....

That Timotei scene was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Well, time shall tell I think.....

I turned off after the first ad break. Cant watch gillen at the best of times (if he has them). Overused soundtrack, crap acting, weak dialogue, it really is poor. Good game of American football on at the moment in Dallas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

My god the script comes over like it was written by those who write statements for government a lot of the time and the rest of the time some amateur dramatics society. Some of the casting is terrible, the love hate dentist is delivering his lines at times in the exact same same way he did in love hate, the delivery by the cast at large is like they thing they are on stage abbey and not on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Half expecting to see Fran or Siobhan turn up at this rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Lumbarda wrote: »
    It was common knowledge at the time but no one spoke about it!

When you think about it .. the reporters of the time should be ashamed of themselves... Not one of them had the b*lls to report it ...

You can see that they were on a shoestring budget... None of the big scenes from the Dáil, or any other expensive scenes will be shown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I hope there is a scene where he describes Bertie as the most devious, the most cunning of them all

• Advertisement

I turned off after the first ad break. Cant watch gillen at the best of times (if he has them). Overused soundtrack, crap acting, weak dialogue, it really is poor. Good game of American football on at the moment in Dallas

I agree BM.....Poor dialogue, it's like a load of pub talk....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It's watchable.....barely

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

God i dunno if its me drawing a xmas induced blank, but I can't figure out who Patrick the pipe bomber was playing... or that young dark haired lad I mentioned earlier, and I thought I knew my irish politics. Its all a bit frantic!

Geraldine could have just phoned her story in.

Chances are, Charlie would record it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I knew that girl was playing Geraldine Kennedy just because of her clothes - has her look nailed in fairness.
    PDs were set up in 1985 but the Des being referred to would not be O'Malley I'd say.
    Pdoghue wrote: »
    The only criticism I would have (not exclusive to this historical drama) is the perceived need to explain all the historical context in the dialogue. It's like they're trying to cram in all the background info for the dialogue.
    I agree. It was cringey the way his mother was going on about the arms running, explaining what it was, for the viewer.
    But I think Gillen is doing a great job, not so much others though.

Sorry Lads, it's really awful....

I'd write a better script for little grey for not handing in her homework on time.......

The lads on Love/Hate should make a better go of it next time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I can't take Gillen seriously at all, with his endless 100-yard stares and empty monologues. The dialogue is odd between characters, not natural at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"A real fucking country that can make its own fucking shampoo" - That would have made a fantastic election slogan.

Ah guys... Stop moaning...I'm enjoying it. (Maybe you had to be around at the time!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Oh Jesus, that chair spin straight out of a bond movie.

Only done 100 times worse

Advertisement