Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring Screed Costs. Rad V UFH

Options
  • 04-12-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I'm just starting a build and have opted to use regular rad system rather than the UFH we had originally considered.

My builders quote to me lists a figure for UFH Screed - am I right in thinking that this is now not required so I should get a credit from builder on this item?

If so, will it be replaced by another material at a cheaper rate or a straight forward deletion of this charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

The cost will be pretty negeblie standard 75mm screed I have at around €12/m² and a 40mm Liquid screed at €14.5 for the sake of €2.5/m² I'd still go with a liquid screed for the level smooth finish you achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Thanks Kieran, so to clarify... a screed is needed in either case just the depth of it that changes?

A screed is not always necessary a floor can be counter battened and a layer of sheathing then placed or raised access floor or similar can be installed.

What type of floor construction have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Regular poured on GF and precast on 1st

BarryM3 wrote: »
    Regular poured on GF and precast on 1st

Standard Detail would be a screed then

• Advertisement
Advertisement