Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Australia v India Test series

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

booth70 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you.... Dhoni has yet to score an international century outside of India in 10 years of playing for them and contributes little to the Test team abroad apart from some shockingly brainless captaincy and even more sillier comments at press conferences..... its disgraceful that nobody in the BCCI has the guts to sack him (his friendship with that rogue Srini obviously helps) and its unlikely Dhoni will step down as captain himself as he stand to lose millions commercially if he isn't the face of Indian cricket

........ And hopefully Sydney will be Dhoni's last TEST match as captain

Breaking news - MSD retires from Test cricket with immediate effect

Much as I derided his Test captaincy he has been India's most successful captain and credit to him for standing down now in the interests of Indian Test cricket realizing he just can't take India any further in Tests

Time for Dhoni to concentrate on what he is best in the world at - as an ODI player and hopefully concentrate on defending the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah I think that is spot on. He was in charge when they got to number one and you can't really blame him for not having the bowlers. We also forget their has not been that many stand out alternatives to replace him either as captain or wicket keeper.

Saha? Ojha? Either may make it, but no guarantee.

Karthik has had chances before and been dropped when picked as a batsman, not nothing special with the gloves either. Then of course the elephant in the room, can he play with Vijay? :confused:

Samson isn't close to been ready for test cricket.

Job done for Australia, next test they will want something from Watson and Haddin, both have contributed **** all recently.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah I think that is spot on. He was in charge when they got to number one and you can't really blame him for not having the bowlers. We also forget their has not been that many stand out alternatives to replace him either as captain or wicket keeper.

Saha? Ojha? Either may make it, but no guarantee.

Karthik has had chances before and been dropped when picked as a batsman, not nothing special with the gloves either. Then of course the elephant in the room, can he play with Vijay? :confused:

Samson isn't close to been ready for test cricket.

Job done for Australia, next test they will want something from Watson and Haddin, both have contributed **** all recently.

Both Saha and Ojha are 30 plus and likely to be only short term replacements.... but what a chance now for Saha who I think is the best wicket keeper that India have to establish himself in the side for a couple of years

Samson is a class act and a future test star and likely to be the long term replacement if he keeps scoring runs in Ranji

Like you rightly said Karthik has had enough chances and can't see India going back to him but he is only 28 and perhaps might get a chance if the others fail ..... his personal problem with Vijay should not be an issue ..... they play for the same state side anyways in Ranji and were team mates in the IPL last season

Rjd2 wrote: »

Yep.....Kohli inherits the same bowlers and will start tearing his hair out managing them but is the right choice now to take India forward ..... but he needs to first stop thinking the whole world is against him and stop acting like a petulant child

Pujara, Dhawan and Ishant dropped.

Raina and Rohit playing a test in Australia.

Kohli captain?

What a time to be alive!:P

What a warrior Watson is, Australia in a must win game, on the brink of collapse at 200-1 against a rampant attack on a pitch doing all sorts, comes to the crease, silences those who naively claim can only score big when the pressure is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Looking at the scorecard, you could say that. But he's under great pressure and had to battle hard to get going. It took ages to get his first boundary for example. Left of the hook in the last over though. A 100 tonight will do him a world of good going into the ODIs but Australia really need more at no.3.

Awful stuff from India. Way too easy for Australia. I think I'll be on the red button tonight to see if Sri Lanka can chase down that total.

The reason for Watson been teased is, he has done this so often, dead rubber in a series, he goes big. He needs runs, but wouldn't be confident about him this year in tests. Still think he is a gun ODI player though.

The pitch is a road, I'd blame England for only lasting three days last year costing Sydney a fortune, the curator I think its safe to say wants a five day test. :D

Shame Rogers didn't get a test in what is likely his final test in Australia, definitely one of the good guys. :(

India were poor, normally test cricket is the priority but why is Kumar playing? He looked gassed very early and his "pace" was very low even by his standards. If this hurts his fitness for the world cup, questions need to be asked.

Also India's catching and fielding ?:mad:

I'l be watching NZ v Lanka as well, think its to much for Lanka to get sadly. NZ look good and have serious gun players but they also have some passengers, am looking forward to seeing how they do against England and Australia this year.

Smith v Williamson

Boult/Southee v harris/ Mitch

Day night tests as well.:D:D

No one needs to tell Watson he hasn't converted enough of his fifties. He does have the shorter formats to fall back on whereas Rodgers doesn't so I'm glad he has booked his plane to England. There are enough holes in the batting so who knows this mightn't be his last test in Australia. He doesn't do day/night cricket though.

350 odd runs with 9 wickets on a flat wicket is a tough ask. I hope they go for it.

The tit for tat with the two new captains is brilliant. Rahul looked great, whatever happened to him at the MCG. Possible the worst debut I've ever seen to a great ton in the next test. Golden duck for Raina in his comeback wasn't great.

Lyon needs a better day and Smith should bowl himself more. I think result is still on.

• Advertisement

yeah Aussie win is still feasible. The fielding will be a concern for Australia,they have put down some sitters in the last few tests. Obviously the series is won, but their is a world cup where we will be getting roads, they need to get that sorted.

Australia bowled well to be fair, just a flat pitch for now.

Shocker of a shot from Raina, although yet again Rahane gets a stinker, he is a senior now, time for him and the current generation to throw their weight around about getting DRS.

The wanker chants for Kohli were a bit silly, especially given that it was a day about raising awareness for cancer, just not the right moment, not their ever is really for those sort of chants. I don't think he is the type who would affect either so also a waste of time.

Gillespy wrote: »
    . Possible the worst debut I've ever seen to a great ton in the next test.

Worse than this? :eek:

Actually the Rahul debut is probably worse, he actually got dropped and still looked awful in making a measly 4 runs. :eek::P

Defiantly. Elgar showed bottle there at least while Rahul was reckless beyond belief really. They're both opening for their country now so all's well that ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So slow from India earlier. We could have had a real game on our hands otherwise

Vijay wicket kills any hope india may have had

Fair play India. Showed a lot of bottle to hang on there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Ashwin and bhuvi the key....this team will go places win matches...

Good Test series....absorbing stuff on 4 flat pitches with 3 of the Tests going down to the last session on Day 5 with 2 fiery young captains matching each other run for run....2-0 a fair reflection of the gap between the 2 sides at the moment

Australia won all the key sessions in the series and pulled India back every time India started to look dominant and India will look back at chances lost at Adelaide and particularly the 3rd morning at the Gabba

India did not take 20 wickets even once in the 4 tests are unlikely to win a Test series abroad with the current crop of bowlers they have.....As for the batters this series has proved Test cricket is a level too high for the likes of Dhawan,Raina and Rohit...

Australia have again showed they are hard to beat at home but need to start performing against spin in Asia to be classed a great side

Looking forward to the World Cup ...... with trepidation though as an Indian supporter given that only Kohli and Rahane amongst the World Cup squad look in any sort of form ..... The rest have looked out of their depth here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Record for most runs scored in a series with 4 or less games also I believe

India saved by having a tail for the first time in the series. No Johnson helped but poor catching cost Australia more. Marsh was poor all series and Burns in there at short leg made a mess of a few too. Taking the new ball was a poor decision. I couldn't believe they did or the comm box agreed with it.

Good series overall. Pitches were too good, nullifying the Aussie's real strength and brought India into it more. Long wait to the next test cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Completely off topic, but I hope someone can answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh70VV-RaY

6.20 into this vid. Aside from it being a harsh call I was under the impression you couldn't be run out unless attempting a run? Inzi was clearly not attempting a run. Perhaps the rules have changes since?

Kohli, Rahane and Vijay are quality.

Pujara has been a huge flop, hopefully he comes good in the SC.

I assume they will play Jadeja at six in the SC, where his batting won't be to exposed, they need a fifth bowling option hugely.

Australia will be happy enough to win the series, although not so much with the pitches. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Completely off topic, but I hope someone can answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh70VV-RaY

6.20 into this vid. Aside from it being a harsh call I was under the impression you couldn't be run out unless attempting a run? Inzi was clearly not attempting a run. Perhaps the rules have changes since?

You don't have to be attempting a run no.

This was close but his foot was judged to be out of his ground (in the air on this occasion) His bat was out certainly and his left foot was beyond the crease also, his right foot was behind the line obviously but if it is not on the ground he is out and it has been judged to be in the air.

Out of his ground and the bales come off he is out

Binny opening the bowling. :P:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement