Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus; a rolling lunatic asylum?

• 04-12-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

any stories about the crazy users of dublin bus?

I recently experienced a man who i believe was just genuinely ill muttering mean and nasty things at passengers around him on the bus and going up to people grabbing their arms, and attempted to hit a young girl. I was utterly shocked. He had been on the bus about 15 min and up until that point was totally quiet. This stuff can scare some people and make them paranoid about getting the bus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I was on the bus last week talking on my hands free kit and when i was getting off the bus i almost fell and grabbed a girls arm by accident, shoulda seen the looks i got from the freaks on the bus. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was on the bus when a guy exposed himself to a girl the driver stopped the bus and was on the radio trying to get the guards out to them. I was stood at the front as we were getting off at the next stop and this guy came up behind us I had it feeling it might be him so we didn't move out the way so he could get by. Eventually he pushed by and asked the driver if he would open the doors the driver just told him to hang on a sec he waited about 5 seconds and pressed the emergency exit thing to open the doors and ran off. The driver chased after him but when he caught up with him the guy obviously refused to go back to the bus and just kept on walking fair play to the driver for even going after him you never know what someone like that might do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No need to advertise the fact that Dublin bus is the best live comedy on 4 wheels. Begrudgers believe that my VIP talent pass is related to social welfare. So wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,065 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jimmii wrote: »
    Was on the bus when a guy exposed himself to a girl the driver stopped the bus and was on the radio trying to get the guards out to them I was stood at the front as we were getting off at the next stop and this guy came up behind us I had it feeling it might be him so we didn't move out the way so he could get by eventually he pushed by and asked the driver if he would open the doors the driver just told him to hang on a sec he waited about 5 seconds and pressed the emergency exit thing to open the doors and ran off the driver chased after him but when he caught up with him the guy obviously refused to go back to the bus and just kept on walking fair play to the driver for even going after him you never know what someone like that might do.

I was on a bus full of full stops and commas once.
    It was mad.

It was mad.

Cool story.

• Advertisement

It was mad.

I threw in a few full stops for you for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

More drunk people than lunatics - there was one very angry drunk guy at the front/top of the bus, occasionally shouting "Get tha' Garda car out me FÚCKIN' hole!" for some reason.

Once, a bus had stopped for 10-15 minutes part-way along the route, because a guy was shooting-up upstairs and driver was waiting on the Gardai - eventually, almost everyone just got off the bus, into another bus that came along. After waiting a short-bit, people on the first bus realized that junkie went with them.

Had someone who seemed a bit mentally unwell, turn around from the seat in front of me, and engage me in random awkward/unwanted conversation - when it came around to: "Did you know the government poisons us, by putting fluoride in the water?", me: "Ahh...here's my stop."

The drunk guy that puked all over himself and his seat on the hottest day of the year, then ran downstairs and off the bus, smearing all the handlebars with vomit (something I only found out later...).

Reminds me, better start looking into the driver theory test again.

I was on a bus when two teenagers got on and were using student tickets, without student ID. So the driver pulled in at the garda station, got out and locked the doors of the bus with everyone still onboard, went into the station and came out with a garda. The gard then had to take the two young lads off the bus and have a word. That was the most lunacy I ever witnessed on Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This is my favourite:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056580830
    vangoz wrote: »
    Junkie shoots up on my bus, starts violently rapping.

Its about half hour into the journey home, nothing strange happening until I get the slight smell of burning, I glance back and see a junkie at the back row either getting ready to shoot up or directly smoking something. Again nothing I havent seen before, I'm commuting from tallaght to town the past 6 years.
    Thirty seconds later cue 10 minutes of bat sh1t crazy ranting, rapping and punching windows.
    The chap was possessed, it was like one of those stories you hear of junkies in the US on crystal meth, just absolute rage.
    I made the best of a bad situation and got an audio recording of him.
    I only managed to upload it to youtube now, I've added in the chav meme with some running commentary as well

EDIT - added part two, no captions on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not the forum for this discussion. Try Commuting & Transport.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement