Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headsets microphones stop working

Options
  • 04-12-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi i had two headsets over the past year and each of the microphones stopped during 3 months of use. The first one was a venom vibration headset XT+ and the second is a corsair raptor hs30. They both have adjustable microphones and the microphone is the problem everything else works fine. I was thinking of getting a Creative Blaster Tactic3D Rage Wireless. Did any one else have the same problems or want to suggest a headset? Thank you in advance for any replies.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Buy cheap, buy twice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I just velcro'd a cheap microphone onto a set of KRK Systems KNS-6400. If the mic ever dies I can just buy another one for less than a tenner. You can get a roll of velcro tape for about €3 in any pound shop or similar. I use a mic that's about 8 years old I found it in storage and it seems to work fine I just cut it off from the rest of the garbage it was attached to.

99% of headphone mic combos suffer in quality some way, usually sound quality. There's some more eloquent solutions to the way I worked around it but you pay the price for it. http://www.modmic.com/ There might be some headphone mic combos that are actually decent and within price range these days but I haven't seen em'.

Advertisement