Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School trouble, help needed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

strobe wrote: »
    How would one draw in Irish? :confused:

It's the only way he can communicate in Irish. That, and sign language :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Deputy Principal is Female.

Toasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Deputy Principal is Female.

Oops. You are SO going to need to do a "realisation of the error of your ways". I suggest saying (with total sincerity) that you're not feeling very big or clever about saying that, and it came out of your mouth before you put your brain in gear. You totally understand that any number of girls or female members of staff who were in ear shot are well within their rights to be horrified by your comment and your Ma had a proper go at you over it. That should cover all the bases OP.

Or you could just shuffle on the spot a small bit, staring fixedly at some point slightly below her eye-level with a mutinous look on your face. Your call ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

OP, say 'sorry' and leave it at that. Don't grovel and don't start explaining yourself beyond "I said it to the lad beside me". This molehill could become a mountain if you talk too much.

Teachers can easily try bully people too, so stand your ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

What other trouble have you been in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

cml387 wrote: »
    What other trouble have you been in?

I'm not that troublesome but I've been in a bit of trouble. In first year I was suspended for a day for "taunting" a student when he said he'd punch me and I said that he "didn't have the balls", he punched me, I got a day, he got a few days.

At the end of first year I was being tormented by a teacher throughout the year and when his back was turned after he gave me **** in the middle of a summer exam I gave him the middle finger, a student sold me out. Got removed from the exam hall for the remainder of the week.
    I don't misbehave often and I'm a good student, my defiance has gotten me in trouble most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Op I think you should take this one on. Tomorrow morning act like nothing happened. Carry on to class as normal. He'll no doubt **** a brick and call you up, ask you why you didn't come to him.
    You act dumb. Pretend nothing happened yesterday (you apologised anyway so **** him). Stick to you guns. Don't change your story. Nothing happened.

After a while you can ask him if he's confusing you with someone else maybe. And slowly get more helpful (but always stick to your lie).

Zulu wrote: »
    Op I think you should take this one on. Tomorrow morning act like nothing happened. Carry on to class as normal. He'll no doubt **** a brick and call you up, ask you why you didn't come to him.
    You act dumb. Pretend nothing happened yesterday (you apologised anyway so **** him). Stick to you guns. Don't change your story. Nothing happened.

After a while you can ask him if he's confusing you with someone else maybe. And slowly get more helpful (but always stick to your lie).

He requested I go straight to him instead of role call in the morning. I'm not scared btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Just stand there with the big defiant head on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is what you said not a reasonable explanation for blood been on the floor??

It's not unrealistic, so stand by what you said!!

Edit-probably not great advice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is what you said not a reasonable explanation for blood been on the floor??

It's not unrealistic, so stand by what you said!!

Edit-probably not great advice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Back in my day such a crude remark would have gotten us stabbed by the nuns and a wooden ruler through the cheekbones. Ye have it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

over 50 posts and not a single mention of piss blasting?

Apologize to the deputy, tell her it wasn't directed at her.

Tell the principal the matter is settled if he hauls you in for an "excuse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

in the good old days you ended up in the principals office for fighting or getting caught smoking not cr@p like this

Back in the day, the jokes were funnier too!

Stick to the truth - he's checking to see if you told the truth earlier.

He requested I go straight to him instead of role call in the morning. I'm not scared btw.

Good you're not scared, but in all seriousness, you will have to take him having a go at you over this. If my eldest wasn't in the wrong over something, I'd always be advocating him standing up for himself and not taking punishment in the wrong, and I'd be behind him all the way. If what he did was disrespectful though, I have to get behind the teachers on it.

Gotta say, even though it was unintentional, what you said was disrespectful (and in front of other teachers, so you'll have to be seen to be in proper trouble for the example of it) so you're going to get some speech. And some worse bother if you don't immediately put your hands up and say you know it was a terrible thing to say (even though it's a normal class of teenage lad comment - witty, but inappropriate!). My advice is get your apology ready :o

Shrap wrote: »
    Good you're not scared, but in all seriousness, you will have to take him having a go at you over this. If my eldest wasn't in the wrong over something, I'd always be advocating him standing up for himself and not taking punishment in the wrong, and I'd be behind him all the way. If what he did was disrespectful though, I have to get behind the teachers on it.

Gotta say, even though it was unintentional, what you said was disrespectful (and in front of other teachers, so you'll have to be seen to be in proper trouble for the example of it) so you're going to get some speech. And some worse bother if you don't immediately put your hands up and say you know it was a terrible thing to say (even though it's a normal class of teenage lad comment - witty, but inappropriate!). My advice is get your apology ready :o

Oh don't worry I realised I was wrong before I went into his office. If they put me in detention I don't mind because I like detention and if they put me on a behaviour plan I'll be off it as quick because I'm not troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

I'm a (female) teacher, and one day I got a little cross with a student who was talking for the 40th time in class. She said "What's your problem? Is it your time of months?"

I just said "Hand me your journal", and wrote "Made a disrespectful comment to a teacher", and put her on detention. End of story.

Your principal is being a bit of an ass. What you did barely registers as rude in my opinion (in light of your age.... if you were 35 I might have a different opinion). But the best thing to do is grovel. In fact I would suggest you go a bit further and type up a letter of apology to both tonight, and hand it to them tomorrow. Nothing too grovelly - just "I am sorry for my rude and disrespectful joke yesterday. It was in bad taste and won't happen again."

pinkbear wrote: »
    I'm a (female) teacher, and one day I got a little cross with a student who was talking for the 40th time in class. She said "What's your problem? Is it your time of months?"

I just said "Hand me your journal", and wrote "Made a disrespectful comment to a teacher", and put her on detention. End of story.

Your principal is being a bit of an ass. What you did barely registers as rude in my opinion (in light of your age.... if you were 35 I might have a different opinion). But the best thing to do is grovel. In fact I would suggest you go a bit further and type up a letter of apology to both tonight, and hand it to them tomorrow. Nothing too grovelly - just "I am sorry for my rude and disrespectful joke yesterday. It was in bad taste and won't happen again."

Haha you're fair sound! As it's 23:41 and I've French Oral for Christmas tomorrow I won't type the letter but thanks for the suggestion. I've an apology planned out so it's all gravy.

Oh don't worry I realised I was wrong before I went into his office. If they put me in detention I don't mind because I like detention and if they put me on a behaviour plan I'll be off it as quick because I'm not troublesome.

Well I wish you the best of luck in the morning :-) My son not so long ago swore while walking away from a teacher who's behaviour towards his little brother was not nice and my eldest pointed it out to her. The year head and his form teacher brought him to her so she could have her rant, even though they respected his motives for standing up to her. You may have to listen to the deputy head as well, both of them telling you about respect. Which you clearly know about anyway, since you've not been in much trouble, but they have to make examples (of authority, mostly :( ).

Night.

You're not to old to be told to go to bed btw - get some sleep OP! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

pinkbear wrote: »
    In fact I would suggest you go a bit further and type up a letter of apology to both tonight, and hand it to them tomorrow. Nothing too grovelly - just "I am sorry for my rude and disrespectful joke yesterday. It was in bad taste and won't happen again."

I would do this too op. It shows that you thought about what you did and had the respect and decency to write out an apology.

Shrap wrote: »
    Well I wish you the best of luck in the morning :-) My son not so long ago swore while walking away from a teacher who's behaviour towards his little brother was not nice and my eldest pointed it out to her. The year head and his form teacher brought him to her so she could have her rant, even though they respected his motives for standing up to her. You may have to listen to the deputy head as well, both of them telling you about respect. Which you clearly know about anyway, since you've not been in much trouble, but they have to make examples (of authority, mostly :( ).

Night.

You're not to old to be told to go to bed btw - get some sleep OP! :D

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death" - Nas, Illmatic, 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

iDave wrote: »
    Tell him he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector where you have to worry about real things.

This x 1000

anna080 wrote: »
    I would do this too op. It shows that you thought about what you did and had the respect and decency to write out an apology.

I really appreciate the suggestion and I don't want to come off as rude but I'm knackered. Yes I am sorry for what I have done but I feel that a worded apology will be adequate also.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I'd be fairly confident OP that your future education and career will be littered with the occasional inappropriate comment/joke. It happens to most of us at some time or another. All you can do is apologise if offence was caused unintentionally, with as much sincerity as you can muster. Beyond that, what more can be done? not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I got caught writing a "bawdy" note in primary school - she told me to take the note home and "burn it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Next time don't leave it to post #59 to clarify that it was a female deputy mopping up blood who heard the comment, which is a crucial detail and should have been made clear from the start.

An update on the situation on our desks tomorrow, please.

Now, off to bed, you scallywag.

Tell him you have agonized over "a better excuse" and indeed have sought help from one of the more creative online forums.
    After several dozen suggestions and a long night without sleep due to the stress and anxiety this has caused you, there is no better excuse than you have already provided.
    Make sure to stay up all night playing Xbox, so it's clear you have had a sleepless night.

Tell him you have agonized over "a better excuse" and indeed have sought help from one of the more creative online forums.
    After several dozen suggestions and a long night without sleep due to the stress and anxiety this has caused you, there is no better excuse than you have already provided.
    Make sure to stay up all night playing Xbox, so it's clear you have had a sleepless night.

My brother had my Xbox and he lives away :( Random note: The hacking group named "Lizard Squad" are going to take down Xbox Live servers on Christmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

take tomorrow off

by Monday, its all forgotten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement