Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Sims 4 Play On My Laptop?

• 04-12-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase The Sims 4 for my g/f. As she has a Mac and it's not available yet, I'll have to get it for my PC. Not sure if it will work though.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad, 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD but my graphics card is only Intel HD Graphics 4600. No go? Below are requirements.

Minimum Requirements:

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended Requiremants:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster

AMD Athlon X4

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

It should be playable at minimum settings. The graphics card in the laptop is superior to the minimum graphics card recommended.

I'm going by this GPU hierarchy chart.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Can you confirm what type of CPU is in the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Should run fine, way above minimum requirements. Hd4600 is the integrated graphics on current gen i3/i5/i7 cpu's, so there won't be any issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hd4600 is surprisingly decent, and Sims 4 engine is much better than the mess that is Sims 3.

Advertisement