Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 / Coupe battery bracket /clamp removal

Options
  • 04-12-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

hoping someone can help. Trying to remove the battery from my 407 Coupe but despite having turned the plastic front clamp anti-clockwise (turned it a few times both ways as it seemed v stiff) the battery is refusing to budge (as is the clamp).

Is there only one clamp on this setup or are there any rear clamps? I can't see any.

Planning to put an 096 battery in even though an 027 seems to be what many fit. Looks like it will fit but I really need this battery so I can bring it with me out to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi all,

hoping someone can help. Trying to remove the battery from my 407 Coupe but despite having turned the plastic front clamp anti-clockwise (turned it a few times both ways as it seemed v stiff) the battery is refusing to budge (as is the clamp).

Is there only one clamp on this setup or are there any rear clamps? I can't see any.

Planning to put an 096 battery in even though an 027 seems to be what many fit. Looks like it will fit but I really need this battery so I can bring it with me out to be sure.

What engine have you got..The 2.7 hdi's have the battery in the boot.

If its the regular clamp in the engine bay then its released by half a turn with a 3/8 socket extension and the battery should lift up in front and pivot out from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Thanks very much. appreciate it.

Got it sorted via a French Youtube video by a mechanic in Brittany. I was more worried that I'd damage the clamp. As I didn't have a 3/8 socket extension. So I used a spanner to grip it and a pliers to give that some torque. Not ideal but it worked.

Bought a 760CCA 096 size as I was greedy and it would have been the biz. But I had to bring it back for an 027. Still a remarkably tight fit. A 2.23 petrol. So battery in the front. But a lot of toys, so could have done with the 80A 760CCA as against the 72AH 620CCA. Both Yuasa and a 5 year guarantee (Halfords) so it should be a good buy.

A few warning messages coming on. In particular a new one:- 'engine management system' Fingers crossed she'll settle down or else I'll re-initialise it.

Advertisement