Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opel Astra

• 04-12-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering what people think of Astras? Looking at buying a 2005 1.4 litre petrol but my father is telling me they are crap and awful on fuel.
    Anyone here have any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

personally I love them, used to a few of them as company car..

I always found them better to drive than similar year focus's...
    very comfy for me on long journeys...
    felt safe and steady on the road...

Fuel,, they are a bit heavy on the fuel...

my 2 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Get the older one. I had a 01. Much better drive than the subsequent model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Not to be smart but what experience does your father have of these cars to make that judgement?? Every car has its strengths and weaknesses, I've done far more head gaskets on Focus' than Astra's for example. They both come with comparable kit, E/W,C/L,CD,Airbags etc. Focus seem to demand more money but that's not justified in my opinion.
    You say a 2005 is what you want, that was a change over year with both the old and new models available. Personally i prefer the older model, I just think their more spacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smurf189

Think he just wants me to stick with my old banger til it dies to be honest! Just wanted to make sure I'm not going with a completely unreliable car.
    Hopefully view the car I have my eye on with my mechanic by the end of the week :)
    Thanks!

Advertisement