Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shake shake shake..shake shake shake...shake your booty!!!

• 04-12-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests Lucy shakes..When we used to go to hydro she'd shake getting her harness on and going into the pool (although the longer she did it the less she shook each week)..if I go to dry her with the blaster she shakes..I've taken to putting a coat on her in the mornings as a poo-rolling shield and sometimes she shakes... Is this just a reflex in some dogs or is she genuinely terrified?!:confused:
    The only time I've seen Bailey shake was one day waiting in the vets when they were pile driving the road outside - Bailey is afraid of both the vets and loud engine/roadworks type noise so it was double trouble for him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

When you say shake, do you mean the trembling kind? My Bear shakes quite a lot, but he's a nervous dog. He will shake when I put his harness on, but the second its on him he's all bouncy and raring to go. It did worry me at first, as I don't want to make him do something he's scared of, but his reaction once its on makes me think he doesn't mind wearing it.

Some of my dogs shake, as in getting dry kind of shake when the harness is put on them, and I've been told its them adjusting it, getting it in the right position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's more trembling - like her back legs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Lola does it as a poor me I'm scared in an acting kind of way - exact same reaction when she puts on her coat, when she's cold etc. as though doing this gets me a bit of attention and a cuddle, but her tail isn't down. Its a different shake to the terror of vets, fireworks etc. where her tail pretty much touches her chin from underneath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Echo does it when he's frightened, but also when he's excited.

I fell over a load of rubbish and made an unholy racket and he ran into the corner shaking.

By the same measure, he shakes with excitement when anyone is eating an apple in anticipation of getting a piece...

Advertisement