Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation around Ballybrit?

Options
  • 04-12-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys
    Im after being offered a job with Merit Medical in Ballybrit and am trying to organise my accomadation. I was wondering could anyone give any tips on where would be best. I cant drive so Id need to be somewhere within walking distance or that has a bus out to near the Industrial estatee every morning. Has to be reasonably priced as well. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

doughiska

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ioen

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    doughiska

Thanks , would you know how Id be set for getting there every morning. How much of a walk is it or could I get a bus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ioen wrote: »
    Thanks , would you know how Id be set for getting there every morning. How much of a walk is it or could I get a bus ?

Bus Route
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/02/bus-service-409-parkmore-via-doughiska.html

Timetable
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360756795-409_Parkmore-Ind-Estate-Eyre-Square.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

You can live practically anywhere in the City Center if you'd prefer. As it's only 25-30 min to work on the 403 or 409 buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Renmore would be a good option. It's closer to town, near beach, gyms (kingfisher/Connaught hotel) etc. There's a good bus service to Ballybrit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Wellpark is a much nicer area closer to town. You can get the bus outside the cinema straight to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ioen

So I got my contract and I will starrt at 8 each day and finish at 5. Sometimes I will be on the evening shift and finish at 2 30 am. I assume I can bus up no bother for the early mornings, but for the night shifts Ill probably just have to taxi up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ioen wrote: »
    So I got my contract and I will starrt at 8 each day and finish at 5. Sometimes I will be on the evening shift and finish at 2 30 am. I assume I can bus up no bother for the early mornings, but for the night shifts Ill probably just have to taxi up and down.

Then make it Doughiska and get a bike for the evening shift. It's ten minutes on the flat. As you go along, chances are you'll end up getting a lift in/out with someone anyways - as a lot of people working in Parkmore locate themselves in Doughiska for obvious reasons...

Advertisement